Jambands.ca

Ottawa - Apostles of Hustle or Do Make?

lara

Do Make Say Think, hands down.

They are incredible, and excellent live. Apostle are decent, and they'll be back here much sooner than DMST. DMST do not tour all that often, while it seems like Apostle tour all the time. This is (at least) their second Ottawa show this year.

DMST's tour has been getting excellent reviews, and here is a link to Pitchfork's review of their latest (awesome) disc.

I don't want to hype it too much, but I think if you're into jazzy post-rock, very few do it better than DMST.

You got tickets AD, Bouche?

Edit - I agree that DMST is in a different class to Apostle but Apostle's 2007 album is really really good and they're the underdog tonight...

Brad you can see Souljazz pretty easily/frequently. Sure you dont want to hit up either of these shows instead? I'm wonder if Apostle would be up for taping...

Edited by Guest

tickets are scarce for DMST - if you want to see the show, get to ticketweb to get tickets ASAP.

i don't know why i'd go see an underdog when i can see the champ. but that's just me. it's awesome that there is such a choice to be made tonight, pretty hard to make a bad decision. :)

DMST was incredible, I knew it would be great when the second song hit, my favourite of theirs, and borne just outside Ottawa, Auberge Le Mouton Noir. They kept playing, did about 2 hours, there were vocals (!!!!), a horn section, multiple guitars, basses, drummers, Charles Spearin was all over the place playing everything. Julie Penner on violin and minimal vocals was intense to watch, it's amazing the sounds you can create with a band like them. There was a point where Spearin asked everyone to get out their keys and jingle them 'like so,' along with the song; all of barrymore's was the percussion section and it sounded pretty cool! 2 left-handed drummers. i forgot about that. i love that band.

went next door to see souljazz, got about another hour of that, fuck they are waaay better than i remember. awesome party at babylon, they are super-tight now. i hope they blow up (in a good way!)

so hungover.

my saturday night was a 10 out of 10

lara, ms.hux and I are in T-Dot...remember?

I would have got tix as soon as revolution rock posted about this show if I knew I'd be in town.

There was definitely fair warning. I'm glad he's posting about these types of shows here for us.

Oh yeah.

By the way. DMST was the best show I've seen this year. Totally inspiring.