Jambands.ca

ignore user options?

Blane

Unfortunately, after nearly 6 years on this board, I've reached the point of employing the "ignore user" function for the first time ever.

Could someone explain what the difference between tinted glass, wood crate and iron box is in terms of the ignore levels?

Thanks!

Edited by Guest

Unfortunately, after nearly 6 years on this board, I've reached the point of employing the "ignore user" function for the first time ever.

Could someone explain what the difference between tinted glass, wood crate and iron box is in terms of the ignore levels?

Thanks!

tinted glass is tinted glass

wood crate is a wood crate

iron box is an iron box

then you ignore very easy

Unfortunately' date=' after nearly 6 years on this board, I've reached the point of employing the "ignore user" function for the first time ever.

Thanks![/quote']

tinted glass is tinted glass

wood crate is a wood crate

iron box is an iron box

then you ignore very easy

thanks. That clears it right up. Anyone else? Mods?

Blane, I have no fucking clue. I'll find out though. The guys that scripted this stuff did so with plenty of public forum experience. There are so many untapped features that I have not even explored yet that I am in the same boat as you.

I likely have a way to make it more clear as soon as I get those answers.

are you asking about the locked.gif on the last topic having to do with this?

fwiw,

Level 1: Tinted Glass (Placing users behind the tinted glass will prevent them from inviting you into a private topic.)

Level 2: Wood Crate (Placing users in a wood crate has the same affect as tinted glass plus they will not be able to view your profile.)

Level 3: Lead Box (Placing highly toxic users in this has the same affects as wood crate plus the user's topics and posts will be hidden from your view. Their names will not be displayed in the online information either.)

Also note, you may wish to set yourself invisible from online displays so that users that you are ignoring can't see that your online.

I asked Mike to do something about it after being unable to delete it myself...I was trying to delete it myself to avoid Mike getting shit on for doing it for me.(sorry Mike).

Figuring out how to use the ignore option was my main intention. Later though once I'd taken a breath-after figuring out the ignore option- I saw that I had opened an arena for lynching...so to speak and yet another 'Kung' thread.

Obviously I should have asked privately but I guess I was frusterated...I'm pretty far from perfect...I should just be able to turn my head..I am a big girl afterall.

my bad....but really its all pretty ridiculous.

Edited by Guest

thanks for the clarification timouse, turns out I was on the wrong setting.

This was simply looking for technical assistance. NOte the lack of any names named or reference to particular issues leading to ignoring. Don't see how it should warrant any debate or controversy.

How do you get the ignore to work? I went into it in my control panel and I can't seem to add a user to my list.

What is the technique?

I'm all excited to ignore.

Go to a post by the person(s) you want to ignore.

Click on their name to go to their profile.

Click manage ignore