Jambands.ca

Help: Youtube> PC> DVD

backbacon

Hi,

I am able to save Youtube (etc.) videos to my computer and watch them. Does anyone know what I have to do to make a dvd out of the files? As far as I can tell, the files have no extension associated with them after saving to my computer.

I've been messing with a programs called 'Super' but I don't know what is going on with that.

Thanks.

yeah, sorry brother... was planning on it, really lookin forward actually but come the day lacked funds and company... had a local friends sister having a stag and doe that seemed more feasible (then I also ended up missin it)

soon I'll be playin better hands... glad to hear everyone had good times (just downloaded your video and about to check it out, thanks buddy)

What does your DVD player support? I recently had to buy a new DVD player 'cause the old one started freezing. Anyway, it supports DivX, XviD, AVI, and other formats which means it's really easy to just burn any of those formats to a dvd and I can play them.

We watched most of Grey's Anatomy like that and it's pretty damn convenient.

As for YouTube, follow paisley's instructions. Just be sure you're dvd player plays different formats like AVI. Otherwise, converting to true-dvd is a waste of time and discs. A shitty video can take up an entire dvd and it takes over your computer to convert it.

What does your DVD player support?

As for YouTube, follow paisley's instructions. Just be sure you're dvd player plays different formats like AVI. Otherwise, converting to true-dvd is a waste of time and discs. A shitty video can take up an entire dvd and it takes over your computer to convert it.

My DVD player only suuports regular dvd files. I have many times in the past converted files to make a playable dvd for my player.. that is not new. It does take a while but it is worth it to be able to make rando comps and be able to giev them to others, etc.

I plan to get a differnet format compatible player in the future... they are quite inexpensive these days.

The link paisley provided is good in that it converts first, and then you download the file. I have used one in the past that I was albe to download the Youtube (etc.) file... I have a bunch on my computer that I can watch using... umm, some VLC program.. I just can't figure out how to convert them. So yeah, the program paisley provided is good because it does that conversion I was wanting and I am able to make a regular dvd from there (with more conversion using a dvd creating program - MyDVD Plus, or something like that.)

jayr:

Use that link paisley provided. You just get the Youtube video url and paste it into the window there and hit go or something. It converts whatever format it is in on Youtube into an AVI and when it's done you download it to your computer.

i got a great DivX / Xvid / AVI / MP3 / DVD / etc Toshiba unit from Future Shop for under $60 I do believe. Even cheaper now. Plus you can fit 6 movies on a disc and it only takes 20 minutes to burn with minimum computer-hog-edness.