Jambands.ca

Tallboys (Breit, Brubeck, Stewart)

DevO

ha HA! I tracked down a few more dates for Tallboys.. found these on Matt Brubeck's site.

June 22nd 8pm

Tallboys

with multi-instrumentalist Kevin Breit, Jesse Stewart (percussion)

Perimeter Institute

31 Caroline St. N, Waterloo, ON

July 19th

Tallboys

Atlantic Jazz Festival

Halifax, NS

(the lineup for that Atlantic Jazz Festival looks pretty sweet by the way, including Bill Frisell)

I always feel sneaky and detective-like when I'm able to track down Kevin Breit performance dates. Seems like he tries hard to conceal where he's going to be playing. (or just doesn't like having fans showing up? i dunno.)

this thread makes me want to crack open a beer and it's not even 10am yet.

Me, too. I bought four tall-boys last night (including a Creemore Pilsner, which I hadn't seen before) which are happily chillin' at home, eagerly awaiting my arrival so they can fulfilly their ultimate purpose.

Aloha,

Brad

The Atlantic Jazz Fest line-up does look really good this year. Unfortunately the only show I'm going to get to is Frisell-Scherr-Baron. How can you beat a $27 ticket (including all fees) for Frisell?!

What kind of jazz were they playing Hal? Remember any of the tunes?

Dude, they played some pretty intricate stuff. A couple of things that Kevin did with Cyro Baptistsa, like Caravan and and at least one other, cant remember the name. Mostly, there was a lot of improv over really cool tunes in whacky time signatures. They didnt do anything that was your average "jazz" type thing you'd hear on 91.1 or the like. Instead, they did a little bit of everything from funk themes to bluegrassy stuff.

June 22nd 8pm

Tallboys

Perimeter Institute

31 Caroline St. N, Waterloo, ON

I always feel sneaky and detective-like when I'm able to track down Kevin Breit performance dates. Seems like he tries hard to conceal where he's going to be playing. (or just doesn't like having fans showing up? i dunno.)

Managed to do some detective work and track down a ticket (from a teacher-friend who volunteers at the Perimeter Institute) for the Waterloo show.

Thanks for the heads up on this!

Peace, Mark