Jambands.ca

Job Op in Collingwood

bokonon

What: Bikers Against Drunk Drivers is looking for someone to receive donations in exchange for tickets in the world's largest Harley Davidson giveaway. The money raised goes to help victims of drunk driving with medical, legal and personal costs. We also do youth education and public awareness campaigns.

Where: The Village at Blue Mountain

When: ASAP-Labour Day, possibly longer. Full or part-time, hours can vary between 9am-1am (you won't have to work that whole time period, that's just the entire frame that is available)

How Much: $100/day for a full shift (8-10 hours) plus incentives. (the incentives are really frickin' good)

Perks: 50% off food at the Original Motorcycle Cafe and Lounge, possiblity of travel allllll over the frickin' place!

So in short, you stand out in the sun, talk to people all day about Harleys and feel good about working for a good cause. It's not hard and it is fun.

• 2 weeks later...

This job is seriously a frickin' cakewalk too. I worked this location last week and it was so nice. I'm back in Montreal now, but I want to go back to Collingwood. People come up to you with their wallets open and most are really nice. The staff at the restaurant are great and the food is frickin' fantastic. The locals are pretty cool too. Man I miss Collingwood. I'm so not digging being in Montreal every day.

This whole thread makes me laugh.

Collingwood is a pretty good place to live.It's sort of overwhelmed by the very wealthy dabbling at retirement pastimes, the anti authority thirtysomething's making a living on their own terms, and a vast contingent of amblers just enjoying the scenery and knowing if you quit one hospitality industry job,theres another one right beside it.It's pretty, there is the bay,and the mountain, and the escarpment.But the bay is fairly calm, the mountain isn't that big, the caves aren't that deep(except in Stayner)so nobody has to really try and be too hardcore-it's slacker paradise.

I think what you experienced might have been the VILLAGE though bokonon.Pseudo Whistler,all style, no substance.But the food is awesome, and the people are pretty and who really cares.

Next time you are back this way look jayr or I up-then we'll see what you think of the locals!!

Well I did work at the Village I stayed at the Milestone in town. (Did you see my big, black redneck truck parked there? It's the flat black one with mag wheels, shiny rims and ZZ Top on the side. I love it.) My first night in town I got a ride with the town's most popular biker grand-dad Tommy, he's super nice. His buddy Kevin has some good stories too. When you work in the village you meet people who work there, and they tend to be locals. Oh yeah, and of course there's my favourite local; Carl the Canadian Construction Worker. I've never seen a big, bald man blush so quick in my life. I scared the shit out of the poor bastard. God, he's cute.

But I might be back on the 18th, so lets go play! I really want to come back, it's been my most favourite location yet with this job.

how much was it running you per day for a place to stay?

$65/ night at the Milestone Inn. They gave us a charity rate. They covered my hotel expenses but they won't cover the accomodations of a person who is up there permanently. I just went there to set it all up. It was my first solo project and it's a great location! Woo Hoo, success!

Hey Bok.. no i didn't call ya.. But this is nattyMatty A.K.A DaddyMatty as of July 2. I used to live in montreal i know what you mean with the crazy trafic? or should i say Crazy Drivers.. Right now im down in Cumberland. My parents live right near collingwood and most of the time when im in ontario i stay there.

Anyways I am interested in that job..hehe.. I need to get ma baby to the home country!

Anyway Taker easy.

Tip: The famous Resturant (corner of st. denis and marie-anne mabe..) The BEST fettaccini cabonara.

For anyone that's interested in filling the position before July 18th the person to call is Lynn Ricks. He's an old cowboy from Oklahoma, don't let the name fool you. He's working Collingwood until that day. PM me for his number. After the 18th it is planned that I will be going back. But we shall see.

Bokonon--if you are back here on the 18 then come on over to my house on the 20th for a barbecue and a stumble down to the Huron House to see Dave Lauzon play.Probably alot of people here you may recognize from CTMF.Just pm me when you get here if you like.Guess I could have pm'd this.

EVERYBODY MOVE TO COLLINGWOOD!!

Sorry Bokonon, but I feel the need to warn people that they may get screwed over by B.A.D.D.

I was driving there from Orillia for a week, and then simply got told not to show up anymore, and now you're still trying to find new people, after telling me you don't understand what's happening. very shady.

That's a very fair opinion. I really don't know what is going on up there. I'm in Montreal (boo!). I will be back in Collingwood on Tuesday and I will figure it all out then. I talked to Lynn today. I think the major issue he is having is that he wants to set up a regular schedule and he can't find people that will commit to specific days. I think it's kinda silly the way he's doing it, but it will get straightened out.

I'm really sorry about the way this was handled. I really don't know what Lynn is doing up there.