Jambands.ca

Stupid NHL Scheduling

AD

2007-08 schedule revealed

TIM WHARNSBY

July 11, 2007

Hockey Day in Canada will have a couple of American visitors in February.

The 2007-08 National Hockey League schedule will be unveiled this afternoon, and because of its unbalanced setup, the Canadian teams of the Northwest Division will not play the three Canadian teams of the Northeast Division next season.

Therefore, the CBC will broadcast four games for its popular Hockey Day in [color:red]Canada on Feb. 9, beginning with the Detroit Red Wings visiting the Toronto Maple Leafs and ending with Ryan Smyth and the Colorado Avalanche in Vancouver to play the Canucks. In the other matches, the Ottawa Senators will host the Montreal Canadiens, and the Edmonton Oilers will travel south to play the Calgary Flames.

This schedule will open overseas in London on Sept. 29 and 30 with two games between the Los Angeles Kings and the Stanley Cup champion Anaheim Ducks. The next slate of games won't be until Oct. 3, when the Leafs and Senators renew their rivalry in Toronto.

There have been plenty of whispers about an Ice Bowl outdoor game, possibly between the Pittsburgh Penguins and Buffalo Sabres. Because the venue and teams have yet to be determined, this potential event won't be announced for three weeks.

A Penguins-Sabres game for Dec. 31 is apparently on the schedule.

I saw daneil briere walking with his son around Ottawa on Tuesday... i thought I could take him' date=' which was silly, cause I know I can't![/quote']

You should have thanked him for disappearing during the Eastern Conference Final.

It was implied as soon as Briere saw Will

will2.jpg

will1.jpg

Guest Low Roller
Why didnt Roller mention he is going to go to the first 2 games of the season?

Is this guy even a fan of the game?

Because my tickets are not assured yet. A buddy that works for the league is trying to score some executive box seats at the O2 in London. He'll find out if he got them in August.

Ebay is currently selling a pair of tickets for 155 pounds (That's $340 CAD).