Jambands.ca

Eric's Trip Tour Dates

AD

This is confusing me. Part of me wants my memory of my once favourite band to stay in the past where everything is settled and everything is good; another part of me wants to see what they sound like after a looooooong time of not playing together.

The Super Friendz ruined a lot of my memories of them by doing reunion tours. I resisted the last Eric's Trip reunion, however this time they are coming to Ottawa. What to do, what to do....

* Aug. 5 Sackville, NB @ George's Roadhouse (Sappyfest)

* Sept. 13 Hamilton, ON @ Casbah

* Sept. 15 Toronto, ON @ Lee's Palace

* Oct. 5 Ottawa, ON @ TBA

* Oct. 7 Montreal, QC @ TBA (Pop Montreal)

* Oct. 20 Halifax, NS @ TBA

Tough call. If I don't like it, that will be my last memory of the band. It's a roll of the dice if they can pull off a decent show.

It's on Thanksgiving weekend which sucks for my travel plans as well.

Oh well. I'm glad they're getting along. I can't complain about everything I guess.

Gonna check them out this time?

They have 2 live compilations that do sound like crap, but they're not meant to be sparkling either.

Most of their recorded output is low-fi - the live stuff (Long Day's Ride, Eric's Trip Show) is considerably lower-fi than everything else.

5 Aug 2007 20:00 Georges Sackville, New Brunswick

13 Sep 2007 20:00 The Casbah Hamilton, Ontario

15 Sep 2007 20:00 Lee's Palace Toronto, Ontario

5 Oct 2007 20:00 Barrymores Ottawa, Ontario

7 Oct 2007 20:00 TBA / Pop Montreal Montreal, Quebec

and like \/\/illy summoned it with his beautiful mind... the Hamilton show is at the closest bar to his humble home... tickets $12, went on sale Monday

Edited by Guest

and like \/\/illy summoned it with his beautiful mind... the Hamilton show is at the closest bar to his humble home... tickets $12, went on sale Monday

I would consider it an insult to the Fat Cats to have paid a mere $8 for their spectactular performance this past Saturday night and then dole out $12 for this. I'd check out Eric's Trip for the $2 that 33 Hess charged back in the day. Otherwise I'm being unfair to the many hard-working ertraordinary bands that I see for much less than $12 on a regular basis.

I'll go, but with some trepidation. Still, nostalgia in the present feels better to me than foggy memory of the past .. even if the show isn't all it could be. Make any sense?

I sorta wish it was Elevator coming through so that there wasn't that pressure of living up to things gone by, but .. whateve.

Hamilton show has Rick solo opening, as well as Julie solo opening as well as Chris' Moonsocket opening.

If you aren't into this band's style of modern-psych and indie rock, no prob. But for those into that scene of music, $12 is a STEAL for this rare show.

I would bet this price is cheaper than many of the shows on this leg of dates as well.

ERIC'S TRIP announce 2007 reunion shows

RICK WHITE to open shows with solo set

Moncton, New Brunswick's beloved ERIC's TRIP will be reuniting for a select series of reunion shows in August, September and October of this year. The band plays their first show on August 5th in Sackville NB when they headline this year's Sappyfest http://www.sappyrecords.com/festival.htm , before playing a few Ontario shows in September and then doing some Eastern Canadian dates in October. The details for the October shows are not yet confirmed and may include at least one more show in Moncton. More details will be released when these shows are finalized.

ERIC'S TRIP guitarist RICK WHITE will be opening all these shows by performing a solo set. He will be playing material off his two solo albums on Blue Fog Records, The Rick White Album and the recently released Memoreaper.

Rick White will be available for interviews in advance of all dates to talk both about ERIC's TRIP and his recent solo releases.

ERIC'S TRIP + RICK WHITE solo set

Aug 05 Sackville NB @ Georges Roadhouse (Sappyfest)

Sept 13 Hamilton ON @ Casbah

Sept 15 Toronto ON @ Lee's Palace

Oct 05 Ottawa ON @ TBA

Oct 07 Montreal PQ @ Pop Montreal (details tba)

Oct 20 Halifax NS @ TBA

During their original 90s incarnation ERIC'S TRIP had releases on the murderecords, Sup Pop, Sappy and Sonic Unyon labels. http://www.myspace.com/ericstriphome was recently launched by the band and is their first ever official online web presence. Please check it for cool archive video clips, rare songs and the band's own explanation of their history.

For more information on RICK WHITE and ERIC'S TRIP or to arrange an interview please contact Sean Palmerston at Sonic Unyon

Ottawa is now confirmed.

punkottawa.com, indieottawa.com and revolution rock present:

Friday October 5 @ Barrymore's Music Hall

Eric's Trip (New Brunswick indie, NIM/Sappy/Sub Pop/Great Beyond/Derrivative recs)

Rick White

Julie Doiron

Moonsocket

19+ - 8pm doors - $16 advance

tickets go on sale Friday July 27 at 11am at End Hits, Vertigo Records and www.ticketweb.ca or by calling 1-888-222-6608