Jambands.ca

This just in: Sting is a jerk

bagochips

An employment tribunal in England ordered Sting and his wife, Trudie Styler, yesterday to pay a former chef $51,000 in compensation after she won a sexual-discrimination claim against them.

Jane Martin, 41, won her claim in May. She said she was fired after she became pregnant.

At a hearing earlier this year, Martin said she had worked for the 55-year-old pop star and his wife for eight years.

She said Styler grew unhappy with her after she became pregnant in 2005, making her work long hours and growing angry when she took time off work because of illness. Martin, who accused Styler of having a "grandiose ego," left her job under disputed circumstances in April 2006.

Sting and Styler said they have launched an appeal.

It reads not that Sting is a jerk but that his wife is a jerkess.

It's gotta be pretty hard to fire a pregnant underperforming chef. Could've just waited it out until the baby popped and then kicked her out. Or ask "when are you due?"..wait 5 minutes and follow with "..your pink slip?"

It's funny that she couldn't take maternity leave and/or that Trudi didn't give her a little leeway. Evidently they've got several chefs so it's not like she was their only resource.

That salary of $50,000 seems kind of low for the job but I read also that she doesn't have the requisite skills to get a hospitality job now...which is why the award is more than a year of wages I guess.

If it's part of the job, pregnant or not she's gotta be able to handle it.

It may seem harsh but it's extremely FAIR.

Also, some women become cranky and bitchy when with child.

Perhaps she was a huge bitch. I think it's entirely possible that Sting just doesn't take shit from people.