7/21 Detroit Lakes, MN 10,000 Lakes Festival

7/22 Cadott, WI Rock Fest 2007

7/28 Fuji, Japan Fuji Rock Festival

9/3 Aspen, CO Jazz Aspen

THE MIGHTY HIGH TOUR

9/6 New York, NY* Rockin The Burro II - Rumsey Playfield

9/7 Boston, MA* Bank of America Pavilion

9/11 Portland, ME Merrill Auditorium

[color:blue][color:blue]9/13 Frederiction, NB, Canada Harvest Jazz & Blues Festival

9/14 Montreal, Canada The National

9/15 Burlington, VT The Memorial Auditorium

10/6 Philadelphia, PA The Tower Theatre

10/31 St. Paul, MN O'Shaughnessey Theatre

WARREN HAYNES SOLO ACOUSTIC

9/01 Ft. Collins, CO Mishawaka Amphitheatre

9/03 Aspen, CO Belly Up

[color:blue]9/13 Frederiction, NB, Canada Harvest Jazz & Blues Festival

1/04/08 Fort Lauderdale, FL Jam Cruise

*With Grace Potter & The Nocturnals and Earl Greyhound

Edited by Guest

there are tons of pics on the site you posted

go here

it's like metropolis only about a third of the size or less. and not nearly as comfortable. and it's hard to get drinks as the bar is in the lobby. and the floor is wacky. and in summer it's very hot.

but i loved it when i was there.

it runs late. It's an old beat up theatre, which means it's great for a grubby mule show. Be careful upstairs though! Built to Spill just played there. I've seen a number of shows at the venue. Decent sound downstairs, not to hot upstairs.

TONS of fun though, and no security to speak of.

Decent sound downstairs' date=' not to hot upstairs.[/quote']

So setting up mics at the front of the balcony would be worse than having a stand on the floor near the board?

Aloha,

Brad

In my mind, yes. I taped a show there from right in front of the board and the sound was good. The floor slopes down like an outdoor ampitheatre (with about the same level of smoothness too!), so you can easily get up over peoples' heads.

Tickets for the Montreal show are USD$21.50, and tickets for the Burlington show are USD$26.00. Both shows are all-ages and general admission.

The pre-sale for both shows starts at noon today (Wednesday, July 25), and I'll be buying one for each show. Does anybody else in Ottawa want in on the order?

Aloha,

Brad

Yeah, I was going to use the mule ticketing pre-sale, and (having used musictoday for moe.down tickets) figured I'd pay extra*, but I'm thinking that the Burlington show will likely sell out, so the pre-sale is the best way to make sure I get a ticket, and I might as well include the Montreal ticket in the order. Neither ticketmaster nor admission.com list the shows (yet), so I'll try the pre-sale.

Aloha,

Brad

* And given how much the two shows are going to cost me, factoring in transport and lodging, the extra isn't that big a percentage.

it runs late.

Do you think it's likely to run till 1 a.m. or so? If so, Ollie and I will have to seriously think of going to the Mule show right after Genesis is done at the Stade Olympique! Genesis will end by 11pm for sure I'd think...how quick do you think we can make it to Le National from the Stade, by public transportation?

Since Mule is general admission, we can think about it and buy tickets from Admission.

Brad, are you going to order through mule.net? They sell their tickets through musictoday.com and I've always found that service to be more expensive than ordering through the box office, because they force you to get the tickets sent by courier to the tune of $15 US. Let me know how it goes.

The only option for the Montreal tickets is will-call, which doesn't cost any extra. (I tried ordering one ticket for Burlington to be shipped to me, then tried to add a Montreal ticket, and got an error. I backed off and just ordered a Burlington ticket, as I can always order a Montreal ticket from them for will-call at no extra charge, or wait until admission.com starts selling them.)

Aloha,

Brad