Jambands.ca

What do you drive?

Jared

yeah ive thought that too, but if you recycle said water that condenses and runs out your tailpipe, you arent using much water at all. east coast to west coast on 8Litres of water. its the best system out there right now, and NOBODY cares.

• Replies 116
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

yeah ive thought that too, but if you recycle said water that condenses and runs out your tailpipe, you arent using much water at all. east coast to west coast on 8Litres of water. its the best system out there right now, and NOBODY cares.

However, I think water as an alternative for future car fuel etc... will eventually be just as, or more expensive than oil. Our environment is fucked and the water supply will dwindle according to the climate changes.

oh buddy i agree with you 110%. water will be the next oil, once oil is all done. guarenteed.

i just find a car that runs on water to be spankingly efficient, and a wonder of technology really. how simple is it, you hook up a plastic water tank, hook up some electronics to seperate the H from the H2O and burn it, nice and clean. the only byproduct is pure Oxygen, which is exausted thru your tailpipe so you are in fact contributing pure Oxygen back to the enviroment. its awesome IMHO.

but you are right, there isnt enought water as is. its kind of like how they make so much ethanol the prices of corn are up now. there is no easy peasy solution that i see, other than killing them all.

I agree with you too with water being fairly emission friendly.

Electric cars should be brought back with organic re-usable batteries. It's all true about water, especially in Canada. I can't imagine using water in cars en masse and seeing people drinking malaria/typhoid-infested water in water-plagued countries.

I'd rather buy a house than waste precious water to fuel a car. Yes, I live with an Environmental/Urban Studies major.

8 liters of water (reused) to cross the country is a waste?

Approx. 3785 liters (1000 gallons) of water to make 3 liters (1 gallon) of gasoline.

What do you think about showers or baths then? 028ws9.gif

Approx. 151 liters for a shower (over 10 minutes)

Approx. 137 to fill a bath

[color:red][edit to add]

I'm not trying to argue with you Jaimoe, just curious.

Edited by Guest

make sure it's imported water YATS

i find the recent offerings from evian to have a nice refreshing finish with a clean mineral overtone balanced by chamonixesque mountainous snow meltings

How are they when it comes to the acceleration you need to pass cars and 18-wheelers on the highway?

Aloha,

Brad

I'd rather buy a house than waste precious water to fuel a car. Yes' date=' I live with an Environmental/Urban Studies major.[/quote']

8 liters of water (reused) to cross the country is a waste?

Approx. 3785 liters (1000 gallons) of water to make 3 liters (1 gallon) of gasoline.

What do you think about showers or baths then? 028ws9.gif

Approx. 151 liters for a shower (over 10 minutes)

Approx. 137 to fill a bath

[color:red][edit to add]

I'm not trying to argue with you Jaimoe, just curious.

What I'm saying is, if water cars become more popular, it'll just add another new stress to the water-table. Water is literally drying up and it's negligent to find new ways to waste it. I'm don't walk the walk and talk the talk just yet - few environmentalists do - but I'm definately watching and learning from my daily habits. Watering lawns and/or having giant lawns is bad too. The US still wants to divert Lake Ontario to feed the midwest states. This is a terrifying idea.

if they'd run off greywater that'd be good. or saltwater. put a desalinization plant in the car. i imagine both are pretty bad on an engine. but that is what innovation and technology are for.

if the glaciers melt there's gonna be plenty of water to go around.

what really kills me is seeing the old fucks out there washing off the sidewalks or concrete driveways, gimme a break.

saw a guy living on a jobsite the other day washing his car. he lives in a half-done survey with heavy equip. rolling by every few minutes, whats the point of washing your damn car?

i think saltwater would sure-as-shit rust out at least your whole exhaust system, if not some other engine components, not sure about greywater, i dont see why not, long as its not thick or anything

do a few searches on Browns Gas. Watercar,

http://www.spiritofmaat.com/archive/watercar/h20car2.htm

http://www.spiritofmaat.com/archive/feb2/carplans.htm

Edited by Guest

if you took the salt out of the saltwater (desalinization) it would be a huge resource. except i imagine desalinization plants are expensive and needed elsewhere more urgently. although if there is a consumer want for it the research and innovation will happen faster. sad but (i think) true.

i was wondering about soaps and detergents in greywater fucking up engines.

i watched this show, they were running hemp-o-line (basically just pure hempoil mixed with a ratio of lye to form a runable gasoline type product. anywys, they ran the hempoline through a rocket-truck, with a true to life jet engine in the bed of the truck, for 100's of miles before it quit. the hempoil cleaned years of sludge out of the engine and clogged the fuel filter, truck cut out. everyone badmouthed the hempoline until they realized that it de-greased their entire engine. new fuel filter and they burnt it up for another few hundred miles.

i think it was called cool fuel roadtrips or something.

I understand what your saying Jaimoe, but I really doubt that water cars will be the "straw that broke the camels (water) back" so to speak if they become popular, dripping facuets will still waste more water per year then a water car will in my opinion.

Watering lawns and/or having giant lawns is bad too

Agreed. Although I do not have a very large lawn (I live in a townhouse) we have alreayd decided to get the green water barrel(s) that the city of Hamilton is selling to reduce what water we use in the garden & lawn.

http://www.greenventure.ca/ecohouse.asp?ID=282

i watched this show, they were running hemp-o-line (basically just pure hempoil mixed with a ratio of lye to form a runable gasoline type product. anywys, they ran the hempoline through a rocket-truck, with a true to life jet engine in the bed of the truck, for 100's of miles before it quit. the hempoil cleaned years of sludge out of the engine and clogged the fuel filter, truck cut out. everyone badmouthed the hempoline until they realized that it de-greased their entire engine. new fuel filter and they burnt it up for another few hundred miles.

i think it was called cool fuel roadtrips or something.

that's it, tooly. the show featured a bunch of australians who did a trip around the US using all alternative fuels. and if i remember, they did say that hempoline was the best fuel that they had found.