Jambands.ca

I need vibes y'all....

Tooly

heady steady hands vibes.

im doing some soldering, getting the board for my first fuzzface all together, and im not drunk or too too stoned but shit i cannot hold this soldering gun still for the life of me.

i figured lots of people ask for vibes around here, and i dont want to be a drain on the collective brain, but wish me luck at keeping a steady hand so i dont fack this up too badly.

thanks!!

ps: i will post it up once its done, pics or sound clips

I wonder if someone makes a soldering system that has a fixed/mounted heated element: you then bring the board (which could also be mounted, with a means of varying its position) towards the iron to have it heated, after which the solder is applied. That way, you're not lifting and moving the hot and heavy iron/gun, which'd be safer and more precise.

Aloha,

Brad

I wonder if someone makes a soldering system that has a fixed/mounted heated element: you then bring the board (which could also be mounted, with a means of varying its position) towards the iron to have it heated, after which the solder is applied. That way, you're not lifting and moving the hot and heavy iron/gun, which'd be safer and more precise.

Aloha,

Brad

one word.

panavise.

PAN-396_l.jpg

I wonder if someone makes a soldering system that has a fixed/mounted heated element: you then bring the board (which could also be mounted' date=' with a means of varying its position) towards the iron to have it heated, after which the solder is applied. That way, you're not lifting and moving the hot and heavy iron/gun, which'd be safer and more precise.

Aloha,

Brad[/quote']

one word.

panavise.

PAN-396_l.jpg

or you could break out the C Clamps and Vice Grips.

are you really using a gun? that's hard to do...pick up a 35w iron - weighs next to nothing...lots easier.

(...and try out different diodes with that fuzzface! in914/in4001 or even zeners!)

its funny you mentin diodes, because thats what blew up right off the fucking bat. im blaming faulty parts, not faulty welds, but we will see, im going to try and just run a jumper over it, see if itll go, it was an "optional" part, but it did come with a few different transistors for different tones, a set of germaniums and a set of silicons is what i reckon. but i never got to try either one, because it started smoking as i turned it on, this diode in question that blew, was in the circut to control "accidental reverse polarity" like if i plugged in a dc into the ac jack, which i didnt, and it still blew, i dont get it, im trying to get a new bit from the company.

bastards.

and yeah i have a little soldering iron, 15-30W, not a big gun or anything, my soldering was good, i practiced on some other stuff for a few mins, watched some yutube stuff, and took my time, all my joints look good, i was shocked

oh well, ill figure this shit out soon.

that vise looks good, i have a little "nerd stand" you know, with the roach clips on pose-able arms, and a magnifier

trying a tremolo pedal next, just dont have the time

im doing some soldering, getting the board for my first fuzzface all together, and im not drunk or too too stoned but sh!t i cannot hold this soldering gun still for the life of me.

That, sir, is your problem. I've suffered essential tremors (worst in my left hand, but I happen to be left handed) for a decade and a half, and I've found that the only way to solder is with half a belly of drink.

if the diodes blew up they were in backwards- the white line on them should be aligned with the line in the schematic... is it a kit from buildyourownclone or something?

yep, its a BYOC kit. the white stripes were aligned correctly, thats why i dont facking understand why it blew?

i was taking lots of pics during the process of building this, but none of the shots of the board turned out, facking hell

i think i figured it out, was talking with a guy from BYOC on their forum, he is convinced that i plugged in a 9v AC POSITIVE ground where-as i shoulda been using a negative ground. but thats why the diode is there, to blow first and protect the board. so i reckon if i get a new one, and use the right damn power cord we'l;l be in bizness

not as bad as i thought afterall, i kinda figured i would fack something up my first go at one of these.

thanks for the input there tungsten