2. Beautiful Sorta

3. Cold Roses

4. Good Night Rose

5. Dear John

6. Games

7. Let It Ride

8. Freeway to the Canyon (Neal solo)

9. Tears of Gold

Talking to the crowd: "when your yelling stuff you just sound like cavemen" Ryan starts to grunt. The whole band starts grunting like cavemen.

10. Rescue Blues

11. Dear Chicago

12. Wild Flowers

Talking to the crowd:

Women "I want to have your baby!"

Ryan "Wait I heard that! You think your having a baby? Listen you should know if your having a baby. Maybe you just ate some weird Thai food. When I eat spicy food I sometimes feel like I'm going to have a baby

13. Peaceful Valley

14. Please Do Not Let Me Go

15. Night birds

16. Carolina Rain

Talking to the crowd: "wow during that song I threw up a little in the back of my mouth. I felt a little chunk come up...the best part is I swallowed it. I don't have to make out with me. I could eat a bowl of green onions and it would not make a difference with me. My mike kinda smells now."

17.Magnolia Mountain

Encore

18. Sylvia Plath

talking to the crowed: why are you clapping I don't even know what I'm going to play

19. Sweet Lil Gal

20. Sweet Carolina"

The banter WAS great' date=' even though I think half the place was worried that if somebody said the wrong thing he'd march off. He did seem to need more piano in his monitor every time he sat down there, and he knocked his fist on the top of it to signal his monitor guy a few times. His guitar tech handed him a Strat and some idiot hollered "Let It Ride", and I thought it was all over, but then they actually played Let It Ride. But there was immediately some problem with the Strat, it had a capo on it and either the tech had given it to him in the wrong tuning or it was out of tune or the capo was on the wrong fret or something and he was visibly frustrated; he sang the first verse while tuning back up and ditched the Strat right after that tune.

He had been giving his monitor guy big sweeping hand signals all night and was still visibly frustrated, so sometime around the Strat incident (I think as he was handing the guitar back to his tech) he had some conversation with either the tech or somebody else sidestage, and then said something to the guys in the band. I was sitting right by the soundboard and during the next song an older guy comes out to talk to the FOH guy and I couldn't hear what he said, but at the end they both kind of raised their eyebrows as if to say, "Can you believe that?". Anyway then I looked over by the stage and the much younger monitor tech had moved over and was standing against the wall and an older guy was running the monitor board. So my hypothesis is that he had a new monitor guy step in mid-show, which is kind of crazy.

In any event, though, it was a great, great show. Those descriptions of the banter only really touch upon the themes, in reality they were much longer and drawn out; looking forward to hearing that recording.

Oh also, I realize now that Goodnight Rose was in that first chunk of tunes and that's actually from the new record, so I was mistaken in saying they were all Jacksonville/Cold Roses tunes. I thought last night's version was particularly awesome, though, because it was so subdued and dynamic. That's really a good way to describe the show all around - dynamic. They seem to have really worked on their arrangements and it shows. Was anybody else expecting a piano player, though? I thought they had a guy with them on that acoustic tour.[/quote']

That idiot that shouted "Let it ride" was sitting infront of me the whole time either talking loudly to his girlfriend/to his cell phone/ or texting. None of these communications were about the show. I f*ckin' hated that guy for 2 hours!