Jambands.ca

Ryan Adams fall tour tracker

dave-O

• Replies 176
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Back in the real world this morning, still glowing from the little run of shows. After reading pages of complaining on various message boards, I have to stress that the Portland show was incredibly high quality. It was just short. The second Goodnight Rose was probably the best version I've ever heard them do. I'll take quality over quantity any day.

And I'm really excited for those of you going to Montreal tonight. RA typically follows a short show with a killer one (see Philly - Somerville in June). This band is firing on all cylinders right now. So incredibly tight, yet loose sounding in all the right places. They were killing me in Northampton with their ability to bring things down so low - in volume and dynamics - and then keep them low for so long. And the vocals, good lord the vocals! I really hope you guys get a "Freeway to the Canyon", Neal Casal's song. I've had it stuck in my head since Sunday, such a great addition to the sets.

I don't want to spoil anything for tonight, but the lights and curtain are fantastic for this tour (albeit still fairly dim). The new Cards t-shirt is one of the greatest pieces of rock merch in recent memory. The show poster for Portland was a huge robot lobster shooting laser beams and attacking the city! I wish i could find a picture. Just incredible!

I'm really trying not to spoil things... but I just remembered that they've added a new section in the middle of Dear Chicago. Holy crap, it gave me shivers! "without you"

They did Dear John all on guitars in Northampton, super, super slowed down with a long Neal solo in the middle. I was bawling my eyes out.

I'll take the list BradM.........

"Take" as in you want a copy, or "take" as in you'll take on the responsibility of making the list? (The latter would be great if you could do it.)

And we'll be at the bar/ pub around 6:30.

Thanks; I think I'll grab food somewhere long before that (5pm-ish), but will try to be there for at least one beer. (I want to be at the Theatre at 7pm.)

Aloha,

Brad

Edited by Guest

bradm, just listen to the show, don't need to worry about writing everything down and getting details squared away immediately. sean will take care of it and post it tomorrow.

I may try that...it'd be a new way of experiencing a show for me... ;)

also, doors at at 7:30 according to the tickets.

I've seen 7pm listed in places (as well as 7:30pm), so I'll wing it.

Aloha,

Brad

also, doors at at 7:30 according to the tickets.

I've seen 7pm listed in places (as well as 7:30pm), so I'll wing it.

i've edited my post - turns out my tickets actually say doors at 8, instead of 7:30.

so really i have no idea when the doors are.

I've been reading this thread with great, great envy. Friday night (same night as the Toronto show) is 'Kol Nidre', the beginning of Yom Kippur, the proverbial Jewish judgement day. For all my non-affiliation and secularism, it's an evening in synagogue I simply cannot skip if I ever want to speak to my grandmother again. My parents wouldn't be happy either but they'd get over it.

I really, really wish I could be at Massey Hall though.

i've edited my post - turns out my tickets actually say doors at 8, instead of 7:30.

so really i have no idea when the doors are.

The thing is, the tickets don't list a "door time" vs. a "show time," they just say 8pm.

From

http://www.theatrestdenis.com/faq.html

How soon before the show may we enter the hall?

Generally, one can enter the lobby an hour before the show, and the hall itself opens its doors 30 minutes before curtain.

So if 8pm is the "curtain time," the lobby should open at 7pm, and the hall at 7:30pm.

The jambase listing for the show says the doors are at 7pm, with the show at 8pm.

Since I'll be there 'way earlier than any of those times, I'll try to drop by the box office to see what's actually going to be going on.

Aloha,

Brad

I've been reading this thread with great, great envy. Friday night (same night as the Toronto show) is 'Kol Nidre', the beginning of Yom Kippur, the proverbial Jewish judgement day. For all my non-affiliation and secularism, it's an evening in synagogue I simply cannot skip if I ever want to speak to my grandmother again. My parents wouldn't be happy either but they'd get over it.

I really, really wish I could be at Massey Hall though.

But what about Ryan? He might not play an encore if you're not there! ;)