Jambands.ca

Joel Plaskett Emergency at Burlington Mem Aud- 10.30.07

Northern Wish

The Hip there would be a serious blast, IMO. I've seen Trey Band (the big one, with the horn section, two nights at the end of a tour in June, 2003) and Ween (Hallowe'en 2003) there, and had a blast both times.

And it is like a gymnasium...at Trey, I think the tapers' section was the top of the key in front of the basketball net...

Aloha,

Brad

The Hip there would be a serious blast, IMO. I've seen Trey Band (the big one, with the horn section, two nights at the end of a tour in June, 2003) and Ween (Hallowe'en 2003) there, and had a blast both times.

Yeah, I was at one of those Trey shows and agree that the venue can be crazy with the right band.

I'll also add that one of the best Hip shows I've seen was not far from Burlington. July (early August?) of 2000, they played outdoors at the Bolton Valley Ski Area, along with Guster and Christ Brown & Kate Fenner. Absolutely top-notch Hip, so I have great memories when I think of the Hip and Burlington.

Joel Plaskett Emergency are doing a 4 night run at The Horseshoe in Toronto (minus The Hip of course)

December 10, 11, 12 & 13 for all the Fashionable People

I saw in the NOW that Joel will be performing a different album each night, plus songs from Ashtray Rock & fan requests!

Monday 10th > In Need of Medical Attention

Tuesday 11th > Down At the Khyber

Wednesday 12th > Truthfully Truthfully

Thursday 13th > La De Da

it isn't the time for Thrush Hermit. Let it go guys, let Joel play his MOR boring stuff for a bigger audience than the Hermit ever had and let Thrush Hermit remain an awesome memory on some smoking discs. Don't bring it back; you can't beat what it once was.

Someone pass that on to Joel or Rob if you have access to them.

• 4 weeks later...