Jambands.ca

Cheap eats downtown TO

phorbesie

there may be a previous thread, but you know how the search function is... :crazy:

so...i figured since i'm gonna be in TO for a week in november spending lots of money i don't have on shows and hotels, might as well use my free time scoping out some cheap places for tasty food! post em up :)

we'll be staying downtown at the delta chelsea (gerrard near bay)

bonus points if you recommend cheap but excellent SUSHI for me or CHEESEBURGERS for velvet.

but anything goes :)

Edited by Guest

The New York Cafe at the corner of Broadview and Danforth has cheap great eats of all kinds, including a killer burger. Pizza and Greek food is their specialty, plus all-day breakfast. The beer and wine is cheap as hell too. There's quite a few cheap places to eat on The Danforth. I'll add more later.

For Asian food of the Chinese, Vietnamese and a dash of Thai, Ginger is the cheapest and best. There's four restaurants in the downtown - Yonge & Hayden (next to The Brass Rail), Yonge & Gerrard, Parliament & Carleton (Cabbagetown) and Davey Boy's favourite location at Church & Wellesley. The chicken noodle soup is the stuff of legend. All the meat/rice combos are killer and the spring rolls kick major ass.

if you are into vegan/vegetarian food

Pulp Kitchen

is on Queen Street East

It's not exactly dirt cheap, but good food

"Pulp Kitchen is an eclectic entity which strives to support healthy diets, the creative spirit, bold philosophical discussions and positive attitudes that we believe are necessary ingredients to achieve a healther, happier society"

Future's Bakery has pretty cheap food.. awesome breakfasts... IT's on bloor/spadina/bathurst area

and Sarah's Schwama has awesome felefals and they are like... 3 bucks I think...in the same area

There is a Vietnamses place that sells 1 buck sandwiches on Spadina in Chinatown

Kensington market has lots of good food too!!!! U could even just buy some cheese and a bread for

prob. under 5 bucks there.

Not to mention all the yummy pizza places all over the T. dot :)

The Butler's Pantry is awesomely delicious and retarded cheap.

great Bulgogi and the house salad dressing I eat on everything.

everything.

I think there are 3 locations, one on Roncesvalles by me, one on Queen west by Trinity Bellwoods park and another in Mirvish Village.

honest, tasty food for great price. can't be beat.

Some ideas:

Bloor west of Spadina: The Green Room - at Bloor and Brunswick is famously cheap and good. Closeby; Sushi on Bloor offers good value for the buck on sushi, and is the reason that many sushi competitors have popped up on the same block. One of Toronto's best used bookstore/headshops is in the area too: Seekers Books.

On College Street, west of Spadina you'll find some more cheap goodness: Big Fat Burrito in Kensington Market will stuff you cheaply. Utopia Cafe & Grill on College, near Clinton serves healthy, quality, and quantity for the money- good place to get burgers before catching Kevin Breit at the Orbit Room a couple doors down.

Head out on Gerrard Eastwards to Coxwell and youre in Little India, where lunch Thalis can be had for $5 and lots of competition keeps the prices very fair.

If you like Coffee, be sure to hit Jet Fuel on your trip, on Parliament Street in Cabbagetown. Top quality potent coffee and nothing more. Cheap (2$ a cup for any style of coffee), and the patio is toker friendly.

Bon appetit.