Jambands.ca

Arcade Fire on ACL

Jaimoe

They really brought it for their performance on Austin City Limits. It was no Massey Hall show (which ranks in my All Time Top 5 concerts), but it was great nonetheless - the crouded stage limits their true overall visual and emotion live experience, as does the television medium. See it in HD if you can.

From what I can tell it's only on the HDPBS channels available in on digital cable in Ottawa - PBS Watertown doesn't have ACL on their broadcast schedule at all.

But, I know I've seen ACL at a friend's place with the same cable package as me, because we got drunk and watched the Decemberists a few weeks ago.

So does anyone in the Ottawa area know where I can find ACL in 'regular definition' (not HD)?

The freaking episode airs a million more times this year. Chill out. Better yet, if you don't have their last two albums, get them immediately.

PBS usually airs the hell out of a new ACL episode for the entire week. Any confusion, you should check out your local PBS website. They are all informative.

I think mine (in Brantford, ON) is WNED Buffalo. It wasn't on at midnight here, or 11pm or 1am. duuuuhhh... I don't get it!

WNED has a quirky schedule for ACL. It's a great station when it comes to most of their programming (it's better than the HD Detroit PBS stations), but it is tough to nail down when the hell they are airing ACL. Friday is when I usually stumble across it, but it's a week behind the HD Detroit stations.

I PVR'd ACL and it was Wilco. Seems like scheduling is a week behind.

Wilco was great, can't wait to see Arcade Fire and the Decemberists as well!

The Decemberists, at least from last year's ACL, was pretty good. I generally dislike them, but it was not bad, although very calculated.