Jambands.ca

people in ottawa with neat jobs

meggo

i currently have two classes who i am doing a "job shadow" activity with. this is the first time i've tried this project and i think it could be really good for them! i was wondering if there is anyone out there with an interesting job [or even not that interesting, it's all relative, right?] who may be willing to let a kid follow them around for a day and ask them some questions.

most of my students have already found their placements, but not all.

You are such an uppity and lazy beeyotch Meggo. Passing off your students so you can have a day at home? That's pathetic. You are supposed to be shaping young minds and you want them spending their valuable learning time with Northern Wish????

Think about the ramifications!

How soon do they have to/can they do their shadow day? Can they do it Monday the 10th?As in shadow someone organizing and participating in the Human Rights rally at the Canadain Tribute to Human Rights monument on Elgin?

Would one of them be interested in doing a job shadow at La Petite Mort Gallery?

hahahah...

d. - i like that idea! we could make a whole list of chores for them to do. kitty litter comes first.

alison, the official day is december 19th, this is the day that i made the permission forms for. what is le petite mort gallery like? i can put it out there.

i should have also mentioned that the students are generally 15 years old, in grade 10. they tend to be a bit wild, but i find that when they're separated from the group they're far more human-like. :)

thanks everyone for your contributions ;)