Jambands.ca

Serious Predicament.

SaggyBalls

So...I just found out that I have a chronic metabolic disorder.

My thyroid is dead.

My auto-immune system killed it.

I've missed a lot of work and am on the verge of being out of work. If I'm even late again I am out of a job.

I've had numerous meetings and have been told that I am a great employee. This is my only issue.

I'm not asking for health remedies but am open to the idea.

Any job opportunities out there?

Maybe I shouldn't be a desk jockey?

Rob?

Looks for a job with the government. Most of them are desk jobs that allow you to be very flexible with your hours. As long as you work your 8 hours they don't usualy care when you come to work or leave. Its a little different when they work in groups though, as you have other people you need to work directly with.

Oui c'est Roi'b.

Je ne suis pas bilingue.

Merci, Jonyak.

Been thinking about forestry...get in shape and out of the city for loads of cash. Unfortunately it would be far away from my sweetheart.

It's really too bad this is going down as it is. I really like my job and the company I work for.

I hate having to live with this shitty deal...hopefully I'll not be ill or late anytime soon.

i don't know how it works in canada, but I don't think they can fire you for missing work because of an illness, they're required ot give you at least a 3 month medical leave. of course, they're not required to pay you for those 3 months.

sorry to hear about your health. is your auto-immune system attacking other parts of your body as well?

I hope everything works out for you.

(((((good vibes)))))

sorry to hear about your problem, as a dead thyroid is very hard on you ,u either sleep too much or not enough but once they find the right med. it will be ok

i had that problem for years ,and i hear every word u say not nice

hope you are not a working person that can,t stop as i was, u burn yourself out

all the best to you

god bless

use sea salt on your food

you can even bathe in it, very good for your thyroid, the crystals are very good for bathing in

a bit chunkier than the table salt this is very healthy and will not hurt you

there is a weed you can eat i cant think of the name right now, it is full of iodine

buy it at any grocerie store it is reddish in color

Thanks, folks!

I have a meeting with a superior next week to go over a letter from my doctor and discuss options. Strangely enough they requested the diagnosis which they are not entitled to legally (they just need to know that I have a condition that I am being treated and tested for, the duration of initial treatment and that I deserve leniency) so my doctor wouldn't draft said diagnosis in a letter.

Apparently if it continues it is a form of harassment.

I'm curious to see what happens with this - if they wrongfully dismiss me, lay me off, offer me leave or put up with more potential absences.

I hope you all find yourself well this holiday season.