Jambands.ca

Gratefulfest 2007 pics up!!

captainsunshine

• Replies 69
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Ouch ... that bites! There is no way that I can make it to Gratefulfest if it happens on Labour Day weekend. Having said that, it looks like they still have a big festival planned for the July 4th weekend, as the NLQP web site says:

July 3rd-6th/NLQP 4th Of July Weekend!

Big surprises! 4 days 3 nights!

Incredible bands, huge fireworks display!

All the special fixings! You know it!

I love the venue, and it's relatively easy to get to from Southern Ontario, so if the lineup looks good, I'd still be into going.

Peace, Mark

That bites about the weekend change.. But definitely interested to see who will be playing for July 4th week.. Looks like Baj and I will be most likely making our way to NLQP for 2 seperate weekends of insanity!! That can't be such a bad thing!

At least Schwa might be finally joining us for a Gratefulfest!!!! Yay!!! (you're not going to Burning Man, Schwa?)

And Swifty, how adorable!! You're kiddies were so cute dancing around that week! You think your family will be heading down again this summer?

Hey Mark,

You're right ... nice to have DSO there, but shit, i'm sure a whackload of bands and that venue will be a perfect mix anyways :) Wonder who it's going to be.

Yes Kev, I could enjoy lots of bands at that venue, that's for sure. I loved DSO and the Gratefulfest vibe last year, but it would also be cool to check out another band or two in the main stage headline slot. And with the right bands, I'm thinking the vibe would be similar.

And from this teacher's perspective, early in July is just about perfect timing for a music festival ...

Peace, Mark

update from Rob Eaton:

Personally I think it will happen and it will be Labor Day Weekend which I think fall at the end of Aug this year (8/30, 8/31, 9/1).... I'll let you all know when I get firm info. I understand it's the sort of thing folks need to plan for in advance.

Peace

Thanks for the update, starhead!

I woulda been super duper upset if Gratefulfest didn't happen this year, it is absolutely the best festival I've ever been to!! Better late than never, I guess!

Hopefully you'll be able to make it down! That would be fantastic!!

I wonder how many nights they'll play? They played 5 nights last year! (4 plus 1 surprise sound check!) Keepin my fingers crossed for another amazing bonus night!

:):):)

Nope, no Burning Man for me this year. I loved it but i like doing different things every year. This year is snowboarding and Langerado....and now it looks like Grateful Fest too!! (probably only the friday saturday sunday though)

With my friends Karin and James moving to Colorado this year (they've been saying that for years now ;) ) Burning Man looks a lot more likely for 2009 with Denver as the jumping off point.

• 2 weeks later...
Nope, no Burning Man for me this year. I loved it but i like doing different things every year. This year is snowboarding and Langerado....and now it looks like Grateful Fest too!! (probably only the friday saturday sunday though)

With my friends Karin and James moving to Colorado this year (they've been saying that for years now ;) ) Burning Man looks a lot more likely for 2009 with Denver as the jumping off point.

i swear, this is the year, as soon as james is off of probation. and yes, 2009 burning man for sure!

• 4 weeks later...

From the Nelson Ledge's web site for the July 4th 2008 weekend:

TRIVIA TIME: Together almost 18 years. A 5 piece, originally from Buffalo.

A truly "legendary jam-band"! For years many of you have requested them!

NOW IS THE TIME! WHO ARE THEY?!?!?!?!

That sounds like moe. to me, which would be a blast at that venue!

Peace, Mark

That would be moe. for sure Mark. Awesome addition if it is. Might just have to make that the fest to go to again this summer!! Love that site. Would love to party down with you guys again too.

[color:purple]I was really hoping it was going to be the Goo Goo Dolls though :P

Edited by Guest

ohh man I wish it was still in July.. it's been moved to Labourday which I'm not tooo sure if I could go...

The mid july time is the best time.. why did they change it???

Just to clarify ... I can't make it to Gratefulfest on the Labour Day weekend, but I'm still seriously considering heading to Nelson Ledges for the July 4th weekend, as there is a music festival going on. It's not Gratefulfest, but it's looking really good so far.

Peace, Mark

ohh man I wish it was still in July.. it's been moved to Labourday which I'm not tooo sure if I could go...

The mid july time is the best time.. why did they change it???

Just to clarify ... I can't make it to Gratefulfest on the Labour Day weekend' date=' but I'm still seriously considering heading to Nelson Ledges for the July 4th weekend, as there is a music festival going on. It's not Gratefulfest, but it's looking really good so far.

Peace, Mark

[/quote']

you should all come to rothbury!!! bought my tickets today!