Jambands.ca

Heady places around St. John, NB??

captainsunshine

I am new to New Brunswick, and wanted to see if any of you have any suggestions on anything heady around St. John.. I've only been up there twice, and just wanted to explore around a little.

We're living in St. Stephen and it's a little slow-paced around here, and not a lot of Dead heads (that I've met), so I haven't had much info on any of this.. Baj is from here, but hasn't lived here in over 10 years, so we're a little lost on things to do..

Suggestions of bars/restaurants, shops, music-related stuff, natural beauty, etc. would all be welcome!

Thanks, all!

:):):)

You should head over to Jamhub, as that's a board with a similar perspective to this one, but with a much stronger East Coast presence. I think a lot of the peeps on there are a little bit younger, but it's worth a shot.

I lived in New Brunswick for four years and found a pretty rad and thriving arts scene there, I just had to dig a little. Have fun!

Yea Jam hub is filled with people from NB acctually there is a bunch of us Hubbers from St George ! I was down for x mas and had a balst being back in St George and I will probally be back in the summer for a bit and to hit Evolve, hopefully will meet up wit you guys and go on a wild night of boozing and music!

in Saint john theres: Mister Music(standard head shop, glass,papers,clothing etc)

The Feel Good Store- natural living, etc on germain st right downtown.

The city market- Old school market great produce, Fish,internatinal foods, its great all around.

for bars for shows either

"Elwoods" on princewilliam st or " Akhord" on water st.

if your up for some wings or nacho's and beers, Churchills Pub great deals every night after 8pm a pitcher of beer and a pound of wings or plate of pita nachos is 15$.

Edited by Guest

Elwoods is a okay venue, but its small I found when Sloco played on friday the 22nd it was soo packed that you could hardly move at all, and they let a tonne of minors in haha The liqure inspector was standing behind the bar inspecting ids that night aswell

The Gothic Arches was also a Wicked Venue to see shows at but unfortunitly thast all over with, I guess they lost there liqure license cause of noise and other complaints from the people that lived around the area

Edited by Guest

I dont live in the city anymore, i live outside the city about 30 mins just past the town of hampton in a place called bloomfield. It'd be great to meet you folks Love to show you around. Theres some really Great places/sites in and around the city if your ever up on a weekend or something i'de be up for a lil tour. i'll pm ya some deetz