Jambands.ca

Anyone going to see Mars Volta on Monday in TO? I'm looking for ticke

ersh

I wish I was going to this tonight but it sold out so fast I didn't get a chance to get tickets. Last time I saw them was 9/25/06 opening for the ACC. They opened for the RHCP and the set was on fire. It was instrumental because Cedric was sick so they had John Frusciate sit in for the whole set. The only song I remember them playing was Interstellar Overdrive the rest was one giant jam. I'm sure its going to be a blast tonight and I'm jealous of anyone in attendance.

Shit! Gav and I went down to see if we could find tickets and... $150 each!!! Oh well... I put on Frances the Mute as I drove home.

it was like that a few years ago when we wandered down on spec. and we also didnt go in (but weren't all that upset since we had just seen them a few days earlier in New Orleans).

these tix were going for between $100 - $125 each on Ebay. this is an example as to why TB shouldnt be allowed to sell 50 tix in one order. they all ended up on Ebay and in the hands of scalpers outside.

i wonder how the show was. :D

The show was pretty deadly! The played from 8:30-11 I believe, they just didn't stop! The drummer was definitely the high-light for me, the guy's insane! To be able to keep that up for that long is unbelievable! Not to mention you need a calculator to calculate all the different time changes! Some weird antics by the singer near the end of the show, took one of the drummer's cymbals off the stand and slammed it to the stage, danced on it, threw it in the crowd, then he jumped in the crowd and danced around, then climbed back on stage and climbed up on that little landing at the side of the stage and rode the sphinx for awhile, then wrapped a string of lights around his neck and threw it into the crowd, jumped back off on stage back onto the floor to the other side of the stage and was shaking one of those motorized lights very violently, weird stuff, but definitely entertaining. All in all 2 thumbs up for this one!

Yup - great show - I was graced with the honour of a mittful of guestpasses....working in entertainment is slowly showing it does have a couple perks!

Great show - lotsa Deloused tracks, Amputechture was killer - show started at 9pm and ended at 11:15 - probably a total of 2 minutes of stagebanter and downtime!! And yeah, that drummer pummeled his kit - at one point they were dispelling a myth that he had a double kick pedal - I cannot believe he can drum that fast!!

As for the recording - They did a Pro-stools multi-track of the whole show - I was jib-jabbing with the soundguy and they are recording the whole tour...might be an album out of it.