Jambands.ca

iclips streaming the Obama benefit... (Phil & Friends tonight)

p.p.

• Replies 131
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Phil Lesh "Obama Gives Me Goosebumps!"

In a press conference minutes ago with Bob Weir, Phil Lesh and Mickey Hart to announce their support for Barack Obama Phil Lesh was quoted as saying that "Obama gives me goosebumps." You know they are very interested in supporting Barack Obama as this is the first time the band has reunited for anything since 2003.

Bob Weir went as far as to say that "the last time we had a chance to make a transformation of like this it was put to bed with a bullet" referring to the Bobby Kennedy as the last politician that the boys could get behind.

More importantly the Purply Grotto had two questions for the band...

Colleen McSpirit, riding the rail during the press conference, was able to ask the boys if Billy Kruetzman would be there. The answer was short and sweet: He could not make the show due to a previous engagement, but they did say that Billy has read Obama's book and is very enthusiastic about his candidacy.

AS Colleen introduced herself to the band Phil gave a knowing and glowing smile as he heard that she was with the Purply Grotto...as if to say "I know you guys!"

Our purply reporter's second question was more about the enthusiasm that the boys have brought to the table: "On many fan sites peple are saying that if he's good enough for the 'boys' then he's good enough for me...how to you respond to that?" Bobby reponded "That's not our intention. We're not telling you who to vote for...you need to make your own choices...who you vote for has to come from your heart, your mind and your soul."

When asked, by the Relix reporter, if this was a one-off or if the band was planning to tour either in support of Obama's candidacy or in general Phil Lesh said "Right now this is a one-time event."