Jambands.ca

Chili!!!

c-towns

I love it, but the wrong choice of beans can ruin a masterpiece.

I prefer the multi-meat kinds, this week its lean ground beef and sausage amongst a multitude of peppers (sweet and hot) but these damn beans gotta go.

share your creations, I'd share mine but I'm kind of a use what you've got kind of chef, ask solar g about the heady space burgers.....

reaaaallly U don't like the beans?? I love the beany goodness of chili. I Like to put veggies in it too.. like carrots, mushrooms (the canned kind.. I don't know why I like them.. but they are great in chilli) Corn, celery and maybe some squash.

I usually put cumin, chilli powder and sometimes a touch of cinnamon...lots of garlic and onions...

I feel like no matter what U put into chilli it turns out great evertime...

When I make it I use red kidney, black, pinto and a few garbonzo (chick peas). That 4 kinds! They pack a lot of punch....

You should try getting dry beans, soak 'em in water all day if you're making it at night or all night if you're making it the next day. They are WAY better than any shite from a can..

I also find that cilantro is key to a good batch of flame stew. I cook some in and I add fresh stuff at the end.

I've made chili with actual steak (cubed, dusted with season flour, browned in oil with onions, then stewed in the rest of the chili as it cooks) as opposed to ground beef, and it comes out really nice.

I would suspect any meat works in chili, in fact, multiple meats will work, my last batch had ground beef and sausage, mmmmmmm.