Jambands.ca

Go Jays Go 2008 - Fan Forum

badams

• Replies 619
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Really?? 80? Wow...that's bad. Was it his first start? What were they saying?

He's been losing velocity for a number of years. His ERA has never been good' date=' so I think he's through. He will be either sent down (waivers probably applies) or released.

[/quote']

Wait a minute...is that what THEY were saying, or is that what YOU were saying? :/

Really?? 80? Wow...that's bad. Was it his first start? What were they saying?

He's been losing velocity for a number of years. His ERA has never been good' date=' so I think he's through. He will be either sent down (waivers probably applies) or released.

[/quote']

Wait a minute...is that what THEY were saying, or is that what YOU were saying? :/

Buck Martinez said it on The Fan and the Jays writers have also been saying it too.

I think you have to start Johnson in left to start the year platooning with Stairs. If within a month or two though, if Johnson doesn't put up numbers like he did two years ago, I say go with Lind.

Also, I think MacDonald is going to get plenty of playing time giving Eckstein, Hill and Rolen days off.

I think you have to start Johnson in left to start the year platooning with Stairs. If within a month or two though, if Johnson doesn't put up numbers like he did two years ago, I say go with Lind.

I don't think Lind has any chance at all. I think they should go with a Johnson/Stairs platoon in Left, and if Johnson is tanking Stewart will get the call. Lind will be in Triple A this season.

The biggest problem with Lind last year was his inability to hit to the opposite field, causing him to alter his swing. He's really worked hard on his batting, so I wouldn't be surprised if he at least platoons by the mid point of the season. I wouldn't write Johnson off yet, but Stewart is a lifer Jay, working his way up to the big club from the A-Ball St. Catherines Blue Jays; i.e., he's about as loyal as any player they have in their system.