Jambands.ca

Car Stereo

bokonon

So I had a vibration coming from the six inch round in the rear. (Does that sound dirty or is it just me?) I had it looked at last night and ended up paying $200 to replace....is this normal? I have a big system and they said if I were to put cheapies in they'd just keep blowing.

No, no...they didn't do that at all. They told me it was $20 to have it looked at...they had to take out the old speaker and also had to take out one of the screens (both were pooched) then after they exhausted all avenues of repair we began discussing replacement options. I left the pooched screen because I don't give a flying fuck for the DVD system, especially the screen on the back of the driver's headrest. But the vibration in the speaker was making me have serious road rage problems. I've got three giant amps (if i knew more about this shit i'd give you details, it all just came with the car) and two subs, so they said you need good speakers otherwise they will blow with all that power.

And yes, I go for long drives and turn up the bass. ;)

What kind of speaker? I would think that $200 a pair would be more reasonable for something that's high quality which would net you a spare but $200 for a single is unusual but not unheard of depending on what it is. Your best bet is to find out exactly what speaker they put in your car, look up the retail price and then go from there. If they charged you 5 times the retail price then you definitely got screwed and can then go back and state your case with all of the details that you need to prove it.

....I really want to listen to snoop dogg in your car, can you come pick me up?

There is not a snowball's chance in hell of this happening. However, I have some Peter Tosh in this morning and you are welcome to listen to that or anything else that doesn't make me want to stab myself in the ears. And the old adage does apply here; ass, gas or grass, nobody rides for free!

I told the dealership that I work at about the ordeal and they talked to the stereo store who backed my up saying that I didn't break the speakers, they were just old so now I don't have to pay!!! Woo Hoo! I don't own the car, it's a demo from work so this is very good news.

....I really want to listen to snoop dogg in your car' date=' can you come pick me up?[/quote']

There is not a snowball's chance in hell of this happening. However, I have some Peter Tosh in this morning and you are welcome to listen to that or anything else that doesn't make me want to stab myself in the ears. And the old adage does apply here; ass, gas or grass, nobody rides for free!

What?? How can yo hate on Snoop Dogg!! For Shame he's Tha Dogfather, cant tell me you cant get down to the ATLEAST some tracks on "doggystyle"

I just found the old owner of the Exploder who put the system in on Facebook....god I love the internet!

I bet he loved to crank up some Snoop.

......i picture you drivin aqround listening to that Ridin Dirty song,"They See me Rollin....They Hating....Patrolling , trying to catch me ridin dirrrrrrty....." ;)