Jambands.ca

Best Fans in the NHL

Tissue Man

THE HABS!

Player Poll from SI

Which team has the best fans in the NHL?

Montreal Canadiens......35%

Minnesota Wild......13%

Calgary Flames......11%

Vancouver Canucks......6%

Edmonton Oilers......6%

Toronto Maple Leafs......5%

San Jose Sharks......5%

New York Rangers......4%

Philadelphia Flyers......4%

Detroit Red Wings......4%

[based on a survey of 365 NHL Players]

FAST FACTS: Players could not vote for their own fans.... The Canadiens have sold out 133 straight games.... The Senators (12th, 1.4%) were the only Canadian team outside the top six vote-getters.... Aside from the Wild, the San Jose Sharks (5%) got the most votes among U.S. teams.... Among European players who responded, the Flames drew nearly 16% of the vote.

This is an expanded version of the NBA poll from the March 10, 2008 issue of Sports Illustrated.

What's your take on this poll?

Edited by Guest

I'm not surprised that the Habs fans came out way on top of this list. I am surprised about Minnesota though. After 3rd place, it's only 2 or 3 percentage points difference, which is pretty much negligible. I'm sure it's not really a "scientific" survey!

Had a quick look at the article, it doesn't list the full standings (unless I'm missing a link or something). Which team got the least number of votes - the "worst" fans?

• 2 weeks later...

Toronto has the worst crowd! It's all corporate seats- so very few "true fans" can either afford to come or get tickets if they can afford it. During the playoffs- when Toronto actually makes it, the city is electric. Every pub is packed, people get pumped for play-off hockey. It's a shame that the team just can't put it together to actually make the play-offs.