Jambands.ca

Free Mike Keneally Clinic

Pablo Sanchez

Mike Keneally is one of the best guitarists I've ever seen live. The clinic in Ottawa is free and limited to about 150 people. Call 725-1116 to register.

more info at:

http://www.taylorguitars.com/artists/clinicians/keneally.asp

Mike Keneally has forged a prolific career as a solo artist and leader of the band, Beer for Dolphins. His mutant avant-rock adventures blend monster chops, a deliriously febrile imagination, and a gleefully subversive sense of humor on par with his former mentor, Frank Zappa, with whom Keneally toured in 1987-88 as "stunt guitarist". He also worked with Dweezil and Ahmet Zappa, and was the featured guitar and keyboard player for Steve Vai on the "G3" tour. Keneally's absurd facility with odd time signatures and complex compositions/arrangements have made him the poster-boy for post-prog rock, and won him a rabid following of "Kenealliacs" across the US and overseas. Many of Keneally's Taylor workshops will also feature Beer For Dolphins bassist Bryan Beller on a Taylor AB4.

Ottawa, Ontario, Canada

Lauzon Music Center

Tuesday, November 4,

7 p.m.

(613) 725-1116

London, Ontario Canada

Belle Air Music

Friday, November 7,

7 p.m.

(519) 439-2000

I, too, will be there (I just registered). I knew of his playing, and heard him as a member of the '88 Zappa band (on "Make A Jazz Noise Here" and "The Best Band You Never Heard In Your Life", which don't really show off his skills), but seeing "Zappa's Universe", where he sang and played "Jazz Discharge Party Hats" (which was originally a rambling vocal by Zappa, which was then doubled in the studio on guitar by Vai, IIRC), put him on my "see this guy!" list.

Aloha,

Brad

• 1 month later...

Archived