Jambands.ca

Final Season of Battlestar Galactica Starts Tonight!

Jaimoe

Even though Season III was uneven, that stand-alone Razor movie that came out in the fall kicked major ass. I've heard that Season IV is similar in tone and action as Razor, so I can't fracking wait. One of the best shows on TV. There's a recap on at 9:30 tonight. Show starts at 10:00 on Space.

Batstarg500x323_OPT.jpg

I meant to ask in a separate thread that I never made today...

Who's seen the most recently released season on DVD? I honestly thought I was waiting for THIS 4th season , but I just realized that season 3 came out. I thought I watched season 3, but it was only 2.5! woohoo!

I can watch season 3 on dvd, and 4 will probably come out by the fall.

I just watched one of these shows recently. I loved the show when I was a kid. I thought the new one would suck - I was wrong.

Is the 4th season of which you speak new, or is it in rerun? I thought I'd read somewhere that the show was no longer in production.

You have to watch the shows in order from the mini-series pilot on to Season IV; it's one long story-arch.

Tonight's episoded is new, kicking off Season IV (20 new episodes), the show's last.

Edited by Guest

wait.....huh?

Are season 3 and Razor two different packages?

As far as currently aired episodes, I have to wait for DVD. I need this series to be in full on 5.1 and upconverted 780p or whatever the fuck those numbers are.

while watching season one, I bought a new set of speakers (polk audio) and the series took an entire new turn. wow!

Mike, right now there's Season I, II and III on DVD (III was just released a month ago). Razor is the stand-alone movie that takes place betweeen II and III, but it was filmed and released after Season III. You can watch it after watching all of Season II or III: Razor focuses mainly on the Pegasus crew.

The max TV HD broadcasts can output is 780i or p, but DVD would be in 1080i or p.

Let me re-phrase for Jaimoe: Chronologically, Razor is the story of what occurs between seasons II and III. But it isn't intended to be watched until after you've seen season III. It will serve as spoiler for a few things if you watch it before season III.

Let me re-phrase for Jaimoe: Chronologically, Razor is the story of what occurs between seasons II and III. But it isn't intended to be watched until after you've seen season III. It will serve as spoiler for a few things if you watch it before season III.

Thanks! That's what you get when you drink pints after a funeral and respond to a geek wannabe.

ugh... so season 2.0 and 2.5, are you guys referring to something I haven't seen here? Is 2.5 razor? I clearly haven't seen season 3, but if there is something else that I can watch, I will do it. THat is likely the greatest sci fi I have ever seen, and the best sci fi to just be on TV.

Mike, 2.0 is the first half of Season II on DVD and 2.5 is the final half.

In simpler, bouche terms: 2.0 + 2.5 = Season II.

Season III just came out on DVD and for the last time, Razor is a one-off movie that is set after Season II, but you should watch it only after seeing Season III.

THat is likely the greatest sci fi I have ever seen, and the best sci fi to just be on TV.

Even though your grammar is beyond suspect, I'd lay an argument down (and probably backed-up by closet geek badams) that both Babylon 5 and Farscape are every bit as good or better than the new BSG.

Mike, 2.0 is the first half of Season II on DVD and 2.5 is the final half.

In simpler, bouche terms: 2.0 + 2.5 = Season II.

Season III just came out on DVD and for the last time, Razor is a one-off movie that is set after Season II, but you should watch it only after seeing Season III.

ah fuck. for real? I just rented disc one of season three and I grabbed Razor thinking that I was supposed to watch it BEFORE season 3. I guess I'll have to burn it and save it for next week ;)

THat is likely the greatest sci fi I have ever seen' date=' and the best sci fi to just be on TV.[/quote']

Even though your grammar is beyond suspect, I'd lay an argument down (and probably backed-up by closet geek badams) that both Babylon 5 and Farscape are every bit as good or better than the new BSG.

Does Firefly not deserve to be on that list?

I hate sci fi, and BSG is still probably my favourite show on TV right now.

Cool, I'm glad you mentioned that. I keep hearing about how great this show is, but I never thought of it as something that I'd dig (little appetite for sci-fi either).

Guess it's worth a shot!

THat is likely the greatest sci fi I have ever seen' date=' and the best sci fi to just be on TV.[/quote']

Does Firefly not deserve to be on that list?

Isn't it a western?

Ooooohhh I do love Farscape :)

Ooooohhh I do love Farscape :)

I frelling love it better than BSG.