Jambands.ca

Naked!!!

AdamH

I think that this version of the album will be very interesting to hear. "Let It Be" was the last Beatles' album that I got into, and I think it was because of the "Phil Spector" sound (although, once I finally "got it", I have to admit that it's by far my favourite "late-era" Beatles album). It would be interesting to hear just what was originally intended.

A similar project was the Deluxe Remaster of the Wailers' "Catch A Fire". One of the discs is a remastered version of the North American release, but the other disc is the version that was released in Jamaica - minus all of the overdubs that Chris Blackwell insisted on adding for the NA release, plus the two love songs that were left off of the NA release because they "didn't fit the 'political' feel of the album". I always loved this album, but now I almost always listen to the Jamaican version - you can hear the piano much more clearly, and there's just something about the overall sound that I like - a little more sparse...

(On a related note, I realised the other day that I haven't heard a Beatles album in almost a year. Actually, I haven't heard the Beatles in an entire year. Closest I got was watching a video of when Beatlemania played in Seoul with the Seoul Symphony Orchestra. Not quite the same thing. [Roll Eyes] I miss my CDs. [Frown] )

(Whooooo-hooooo! Post #420!! Actually, that's something else I haven't had for almost a year. And something else that I miss, almost as much as the Beatles...)

what made you angry out of the Warsawpack article ahess? they kind of are called a "hip-hop group by some due to Raback's lyrical delivery, but the group are closer to groove-based fusionists, with a DJ and horn section with a penchant for jazz and soul rhythms."

doesn't sound too far off the mark, I don't think... good for them to get some national press in any case

the tour is in Winnipeg huh?

go Warwawpack!!

quote:

Originally posted by hamilton:

(Whooooo-hooooo! Post #420!! Actually, that's something else I haven't had for almost a year. And something else that I miss, almost as much as the Beatles...)

Right then. I want to pick you up from the airport when you get back. We then go back to my place, crank up some Beatles and get tooled.

Sound good??? [Wink][Wink]

• 3 weeks later...

Archived