Jambands.ca

Ottawa: August 23-30

DevO

Hey all,

I'm Ottawa bound for a week! I'm flying in on Sat Aug 23rd. The first night I'll be at Moooose's and then I'll be located at a B&B in Byward Market. I'm coming in for a week of training before heading out to Kampala, Uganda for a 5-month CIDA internship. I'm pumped for all of it.

What's going on musically/culturally in Ottawa next week? So far I'm aware of the OTown Hoedown, which almost sounds like a plan for Saturday night. My friend's band, Purrr, are playing Monday night at Zaphod's as well. Anything else? Hope to see some of your beautiful mugs while I'm in town. :)

So far I'm aware of the OTown Hoedown, which almost sounds like a plan for Saturday night.

It's been cancelled for Saturday at Barrymore's, don't know if another venue has been found. Apparently Barrymore's has been sold to the owner of Tila Tequila, a Byward Market bar / nightclub.

It's been cancelled for Saturday at Barrymore's, don't know if another venue has been found. Apparently Barrymore's has been sold to the owner of Tila Tequila, a Byward Market bar / nightclub.

BALLS!

BUT that Handsome Furs et al gig sounds perfect. :) That's this Saturday ya? (23rd).

Sounds good NW.

Phorbs, maybe see ya on the 27th.

sunday night (the 24th) is the last of the steve marriner's (Monkey Junk, lately, w/ Tony D) weekly shows at irene's. so it'll be a bit of a to-do - i believe a bunch of local musicians will show up to send him off (he's moving to montreal) - i think the plan is to actually set it up like a show (using the main stage) as opposed to the usual sunday night scene. this could be a night of great music and people.

the 29th is brock zeman's cd release - also at irenes

gatineau park is open all week ;) wanna go drink a beer by a lake? i do!

So far I'm aware of the OTown Hoedown' date=' which almost sounds like a plan for Saturday night. [/quote']

It's been cancelled for Saturday at Barrymore's, don't know if another venue has been found.

Another venue has been found: the show's happening at the Glue Pot Pub (340 Queen Street).

http://www.jambands.ca/sanctuary/showtopic.php?tid/248612/

Aloha,

Brad

As Eastern Ontario's Answer to Cancer, the Ottawa Regional Cancer Foundation is committed to increasing – and CELEBRATING - survivorship throughout our community by raising funds and awareness to support cancer care programs including: prevention, screening and early diagnosis, cutting edge treatment, psychosocial and end-of-life support.

Celebrate life with us! Join our Honourary Chair, Max Keeping, as we close Bank Street to traffic between Glebe and Fifth Avenues - while thousands, young and old, gather to salute our friends, family and neighbours who, like Max, have lived - and are still living - through the cancer journey. Live music!

3:30 - 4:15pm J.D.Robertson and the Details

4:30 - 5:30pm Lonesome Paul

5:50 - 6:30pm 20th Century Boys

6:50 - 8:05pm Monkey Junk

8:30 - 10:00pm Elliott Brood

Then off to the Furs or the Glue Pot......

Sean

As Eastern Ontario's Answer to Cancer, the Ottawa Regional Cancer Foundation is committed to increasing – and CELEBRATING - survivorship throughout our community by raising funds and awareness to support cancer care programs including: prevention, screening and early diagnosis, cutting edge treatment, psychosocial and end-of-life support.

Celebrate life with us! Join our Honourary Chair, Max Keeping, as we close Bank Street to traffic between Glebe and Fifth Avenues - while thousands, young and old, gather to salute our friends, family and neighbours who, like Max, have lived - and are still living - through the cancer journey. Live music!

3:30 - 4:15pm J.D.Robertson and the Details

4:30 - 5:30pm Lonesome Paul

5:50 - 6:30pm 20th Century Boys

6:50 - 8:05pm Monkey Junk

8:30 - 10:00pm Elliott Brood

Then off to the Furs or the Glue Pot......

Sean

Brothers Chaffey will be playing at the Royal Oak pub in the Glebe, starting at 10:30pm, after the Dancing In The Streets festival.

Aloha,

Brad