Jambands.ca

Go Habs Go - Fan Forum 08/09

badams

• Replies 1.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I thought I made that clear a long time ago?

This is where my whole complex of being a Leaf/Habs fan comes from. I lay blame solely on you guys! :D

That aaaaaand, Clark was good, but he was never "one of the best all-time" good. MAin course served first tonight.

But, this isnt about me. My opinion of the ceremony was that it was about as good as it was gonna be. I think Roy addressed the underlying emotions of the night when he said (to paraphrase) "I left a little too soon, without saying goodbye..."

That, and he's not really a cry baby to begin with.

But, to quote Newrider, I dont know, I drink. :D

Edited by Guest

Guest Low Roller

The Habs played their best game in a long time tonight. If they were able to just convert one of those powerplays the result would have been different.

I'm dying to hear an update on Hamrlik. If we lose him then we're fucked.

Booche, Matty, TissueMan, and Deuce must be crying like little girls and hugging each other at the Bell Centre right now.

Booche here.

Unbelievable. The energy in that building for the Roy ceremony was incredible. How did the standing ovation come across on the tele? Inside, it seemed like no one wanted to give either MC a chance to talk. We all held back tears as the jersey number went up to the rafters. I was good to head to the strippers at that point until I was reminded we still had a hockey game to watch.

Great game by Les Brahs. We are still riding a huge high even though they lost. Now we are about to go see chicks were no bras.

it didn't sound all that great on my tv. lots of starts and stops, and they kept panning around and only a few people in each shot were still clapping. then dick irvin would go to talk and roy would stand up and people would start cheering again so dick would stop etc.

the canadiens ceremonies definitely set the bar for others to follow, but this one was shite compared to robinson, gainey, etc...

it didn't sound all that great on my tv. lots of starts and stops, and they kept panning around and only a few people in each shot were still clapping. then dick irvin would go to talk and roy would stand up and people would start cheering again so dick would stop etc.

the canadiens ceremonies definitely set the bar for others to follow, but this one was shite compared to robinson, gainey, etc...

Maybe Tremblay had a hand in the directing?

Guest Low Roller

Wait, there is a clue as to why to singled out Jaimoe and myself. Obviously it's someone who we both hold in high regard. Seeing that Jaimoe is a Bruins fan and I'm a Habs fan, the picture is not hockey related.

So therefore it must be a musical persona. I bet it's someone like Jack White.

Or maybe I'm just procrastinating from working on my group dynamics paper that I have due next week.

Booche here.

It's totally Hab related and Jaimoe has the ability to crack the code.

Well, I was hoping it was going to be Stan Jonathan or Terry O'Reilly. I don't think its Kirk. For me to get excited about a Hab, it's got to be someone I like, and there's only a few. Gainey, Serge, Pat Burns, Jacques Demers or The Flower?