Jambands.ca

Go Habs Go - Fan Forum 08/09

badams

Booche here.

Ding ding ding. I knew Jaimoe would eventually get it right. Big Georges is very soft spoken and quietish, then again, I was steamrolled on booze and probably scared him. Rightfully so. I completely busted through his posse before I even realized he had a posse. Those guys closed the door to him once I went on the attack.

• Replies 1.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Booche here.

Did you notice how Carbs only through him out when Lucic was on the ice and did CBC show BGL trying to get him to fight all night?

Anyways, we are back at the hotel for a quick J and then off to MrBigTime's favorite place to go in MTL. Watched the game at Brutopia and some other bar. Tons of cops on Crescent street.

Booche here.

Did you notice how Carbs only through him out when Lucic was on the ice and did CBC show BGL trying to get him to fight all night?

Across the board, the announcers on the CBC (not Cherry though) were critical of Big Georges all night long (including the intermissions of the Calgary game) for going after Lucic. They were equally critical of Chara too for not doing anything about it. I can't see Lucic dropping the gloves with Georges at this point in his life, plus Milan isn't prone to taking stupid penalties. Still, I think he'll fight Georges and get killed at some point in the future.

But from a physical perspective, Lucic was noticeably tamer than the game before.

the commentators were also saying that that was because of a possible hand injury from a fight against boynton the night before. and the fact that lucic is a better player that george and wouldn't be wise to sit in the box.

i don't know if i'm reading all these habs fan posts properly, but [color:purple]is george the best player ever? because he took up space on a line and just followed another player around all night trying to get him to fight, and he was unsuccessful? wow.

Notice that after the Lapierre hit, George Laraque did a 180 and b-lined towards Ruutu, only to trip over Lapierre? Ruutu saw him coming and almost jumped into Bouillion's arms to avoid Laraque.

That's because Ruutu is a pussy.

Just the fact that George was jawing at him was enough to minimize his presence in the game. It's all about the mind games.

Who's the pussy now?

BGL can jaw at an opponent but Ruutu can't?

Edited by Guest

Guest Low Roller
Notice that after the Lapierre hit' date=' George Laraque did a 180 and b-lined towards Ruutu, only to trip over Lapierre? Ruutu saw him coming and almost jumped into Bouillion's arms to avoid Laraque.

That's because Ruutu is a pussy.[/quote']

Just the fact that George was jawing at him was enough to minimize his presence in the game. It's all about the mind games.

Who's the pussy now?

BGL can jaw at an opponent but Ruutu can't?

Your analogy is lost on me. Maybe it's too early in the morning. But I don't really see a similarity in the two situations you described. Ruutu hit the cheap shot elbow and then ran away from Laraque, meanwhile Laraque was openly challenging an opponent who is known in the league for his tough play. What's the connection? That Laraque is ready to rumble, but nobody wants to dance? That's one possibility. The other one is that Ruutu is a pussy.

this is a stupid argument. Ruutu is better for his team than Laraque is for his, it's pretty plain to see if you watch both of them play.

Lucic wasn't fazed by Laraque in that last game, where everyone on the ice for the opposition was pissed at Ruutu in at least the past 4 games. George takes up room, whereas Ruutu gets results, both in points, distracting the opponent, and drawing penalties. Of course Laraque is much more intimidating and stronger, but that only helps in the corners and when hitting a slow-moving target. Ruutu can hit too, and he's got more speed.

There's no 'intangible' column in the stats obviously, but the stats that are recorded do indeed show Ruutu ahead of Laraque. Also, I'm sure Kovalev loves having BGL there, if he were ever to pass. One less skilled player to help the team.

Laraque - 0 points, -4, 24 PIM, 7:51 ice time per game

Ruutu - 6 points, +4, 33 PIM, 13 minutes ice time per game.

Still, it's a stupid argument.

All that said, Montreal is ahead of Ottawa in the standings and that probably says much more, but I'll stand by my position that Ruutu is better for his team than Laraque is for his.

Guest Low Roller

He wasn't playing that bad recently. Unfortunately getting undressed by Kessel and this gaff will overshadow the positives of his play.

At least Brisebois is consistently bad.

There is some talk of bringing up tough guy Alex Henry from Hamilton to beef up the D. He has NHL experience and is currently the Bulldogs' #1 defender.

That's nice, however we are clearly missing a #4 defender in the system, especially with Komisarek out for another 4 weeks.