Jambands.ca

Wayside Ramblers -Last Ramble

Giggles

Howdy Folks,

You know, two and a-half years ago, when I first met the Ramblers, and they were upside down and ass-backwards, I had no idea that I was looking at the best God-damn Crabgrass band on the planet. Who would have thought that four guys with four guitars would end up turning the world of country music inside out and on it's ass and back again? Not me, that's for damn sure, but they soon had me convinced that they were a force to be reckoned with. They had a sound that got inside my head like a bad radio jingle, and just wouldn't go away, and folks from here to there took notice by the handful...those fat, rolling bass lines, intertwined with the twang and the chop and the strum and the plunk, virtually defined a genre. Their classic debut EP "Live off the Kitchen Floor" (reissued in 2008 with bonus tracks) indeed turned some heads, as did their penchant for getting into all kinds of trouble, both good and bad, but don't get me started...I've been to nearly every show, and there are way too many stories to tell, (like the time Brad single-handedly pool-sharked an entire town, or the day they first met Billy Moustache, or the time they came face to face with a real live Sansquantch) and I've lost count of the number of fights that have broken out when these guys are around...

And so here we are, several breakups, two engagements, one marriage, one shackin' up and countless crazy adventures later, and whatever the future may hold, it seems to hold true that all things must pass, which includes the Wayside Ramblers (at least in this incarnation), and so I would like to invite you all to come out for their last show before they go on hiatus indefinitely, at The Local Pub (396 Roncesvalles) on Friday September 19. Some of you were there from the very beginning and have been there every step of the way, and some of you may have only been out once or twice, but I know "the guys" would love to see you all there to mark this occasion and make it a good one.

Just because you're settlin' down doesn't mean you can't have one last ramble...

Adios,

Tony Stone

September 2008

Well, I guess tonights your only chance Bacon...

And rumor has it a few guest might be stopping by and joining the stage with The Ramblers...maybe Bluegrass Guitarist of the Year Marc Roy and perhaps Tony Allen and Kristine Schmidt...might see banjo wiz Chris Quinn there as well...maybe...who knows; rumors are flying...

Love to see you there if possible...

Gawpo Giggles :D:D:D

Edited by Guest