Jambands.ca

Led Zeppelin to tour with Plant

Basher

Led Yep

ROCK legends LED ZEPPELIN are set for a reunion tour after singer ROBERT PLANT finally caved in and agreed to join them.

Guitarist JIMMY PAGE, 64, bassist JOHN PAUL JONES, 62, and drummer JASON BONHAM, 42, had resigned themselves to touring without Plant.

They even rehearsed with stand-in singers — and one American was so impressive they were confident they could hit the road next year without Plant.

That was what finally persuaded him to return.

A source revealed: “The rest of the band had all but given up on Robert joining them, but they were determined to go ahead so had started to seriously explore other avenues.

“When Robert realised the band were serious about doing it without him, it made him think long and hard.

“He realised he couldn’t face the thought of not being involved.

“The band were over the moon when he told them the news.

“They are now forging ahead with the tour plans and they can’t wait to get on the road.â€

The tour, set for next summer, follows the massive success of their one-off reunion show at London’s O2 Arena in December.

Led Zep, who have sold more than 300million albums worldwide, formed in 1968 and split up in 1980 when drummer John Bonham — father of Jason — died aged 32.

Rolling Stone magazine dubbed them the biggest band of the ’70s.

Also' date=' I'm almost shocked that the other members would consider touring without THEIR LEAD SINGER. That would have been incredibly lame, in my opinion.[/quote']

EXACTLY!! I'm looking at you Brian May and Roger Taylor!!!

Slightly different circumstance, no?

Oh, and how long before Jaimoe clears things up for everyone by saying that Led Zeppelin isn't Led Zeppelin without John Bonham?

Slightly different circumstance' date=' no?[/quote']

yes, in the case i presented it should have been simple.

"Oh, we shouldn't tour without our singer."

"Freddie died."

"Right then. No tour."

BTW, There is a new studio album by the New New Queen. I've been tempted to download it just to hear what it sounds like but am resisting the temptation (and I'll listen to just about anything once).

I'll believe this when I see tickets for sale. This could all be more bullshit. I mean just last week Page was in Toronto for the Film Fest. and when asked if they would tour he said no, they did their reunion.

Also as much as I love Zeppelin to death and as good as the o2 show was I am not sure plant can do it night after night.

He has the toughest job and can only hit maybe one or 2 high shrieks a night. The rest of them can still play but he can't nail that range. Not sure if he can do it night in night out.

and for the record the new Queen is ridiculous.

Imagine if Page brought in this guy to sing again...uughh

Whitesnake.jpg