Jambands.ca

Burt Neilson Band Live in Thunder Bay Oct 23rd, 2008.

GUITARZAN

It was almost 12 years ago, Halloween 1996, that Burt Neilson Band played there first official show. However, if you want to be technical, they did start playing as Captain Redbeard at Crocks and Rolls in the winter of 1995. Lets stick with the 1996 story....

On Oct 23rd, 2008 BNB returns to Thunder Bay for the first time in many, many years. So, hop on a plane, train or automobile, or simply spread the word to anyone you know in the area.

We are still in the process of picking the perfect venue, so stay tuned for more information. Until then, why not check out some links from our page that will take you directly to some live tunes....

Cheers

BNB

http://www.new.facebook.com/share_redirect.php?h=f65e108d0fad582d6faaed4a72212864&url=http%3A%2F%2Fwww.archive.org%2Fdetails%2FBurtNeilsonBand&sid=36594854971

Wasn't the actual first "Burt Neilson Band" show that last minute benefit show we did at the Outpost with "Ginger" and Tom Wilson and others about a week or so before Halloween?

I think we pissed someone off that night for eating their pizza and drinking their beer.

I think that was our mission statement - "Piss people off by drinking their beer and eating their pizza." Ha!

I think the show we did with Ginger was a differnet one... they opened for us because they had to leave town early or something... but we were pretty stoked on it regardless. "Yeah... Ginger is opening for US tonight..."

It was the Kumbaya Festival... Matty Cooper called us in to 'headline' it. The dudes from the Waltons tried to by acid off you and I jeffrey... I have no idea why they would've thought we were into that kind of thing!! I think it was late September... right around this time of year. I'll alway remember Tom Wilson's signature on the shirts we all signed. Wow... long response.

Hey... I'm on my way to Vancouver tonight too!

• 5 weeks later...