Jambands.ca

If you needed final proof that Kimbo Slice is a fraud...

Jaimoe

I don't consider him a fraud. He is what he is a street fighter. There are thousands of guys who have built a rep fighting that way. There is a big difference between that and someone who trains to fight for a living. Kimbo is tough but I do agree that his rep was built on youtube. The biggest idiot here is the fool at CBS that paid to promote him.

He would be nothing in the UFC but a publicity stunt.

CBS looked bad for sure. Good on them. A streetfighter? He fought kids and drunks to earn his reputation and then he steps into the ring with a light-heavyweight of little note. Fraud maybe a harsh term. How about phoney?

Slice ain't no Greg Haugen (who won a few "Toughest Man" competitions in Alaska before switching to boxing).

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Greg_Haugen

Definatley not a good result for Elite XC, but that is just the sport. Any fighter can be knocked out with one punch at any time. e.g., George St. Pierre. Kimbo Slice is a great marketing tool for Elite. Is he the best MMA fighter? No, but we are talking about him so it is working for them. I am just happy they are putting on quality cards for free. I like the UFC, but I hate how I have to dish out $50 once a month to watch it.