Jambands.ca

Go Raps, Go! Fan Forum '08/09

Thorgnor

• Replies 108
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Is that what you think or what TSN's "The Reporters" just told you? ;)

Magic 8-ball says: Very Likely...

Ha ha! I was indeed watching the Reporters, but I've been following the Bosh situation daily, on the Fan and in both the Sun and Star. Nobody seems to know what he's going to do.

I guess the upside is that in a contract year Bosh will still need to establish that he desrves top money so he's going to work harder this coming year. That said, he's still a "top dollar" player either way and the team could snag mad draft picks or real established role players with a massive mix up/rebuild, and trading Bosh would be a major rebuild imo. But Marion and Calderon, with the possibility of Nash and Artest... I think we'd be better off.

I've always felt that Bosh won't be able to really change a team unless he's got a legit center, not a Banana.

What Bill Simmons (ESPN) said recently about CB4:

"From my 2005 Trade Value column: "The runaway winner of the 2005 Shareef Abdur-Rahim Award, given annually to a tantalizing young star on a losing team who everyone assumes will keep getting better and better, when the reality is that he's close to hitting his ceiling already, and his numbers look so good mainly because he was playing 35-40 minutes a game on a bad team. Remember I told you this when Bosh is making $15 million a year on a 22-win Toronto team five years from now, and he's the subject of 370 trade rumors before the 2009 draft." Just call me Nostrasimbo."

• 3 weeks later...