Jambands.ca

Go Raps, Go! Fan Forum '08/09

Thorgnor

• Replies 108
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• 2 weeks later...
I've said it all season: Anthony Parker has looked like he - all of a sudden - does not belong in the NBA. I'm not one to wish injury on anyone, but him in a suit may be exactly what the Raps need.

Perhaps a coaching change and players starting to play to their potential is what the Raps need, Coach Sherman. Their win today against the Magic was inspired and Parker was the 2nd best Raptor on the floor. God damn it it's been a tough year, but at least they are competing harder nowadays.

I couldn't agree more Jaimoe. Parker showed up Sunday and certainly was a key factor in the win. The team did a great job on the boards, and although they got scorched by three pointers, they did a great job of clogging the lane and denying the mid-range jumpers.

Triano has made a big difference in one key area - point guard play. The up-tempo style that is available when you don't need to look to the bench to see which (of the two plays in your book) play you are going to run reall helps. Ukic, at this point in his early career, it pretty ineffective in traditional half-court play. Let him run and it is a different story.

Hope the Raps can string another three wins on this streak (Milwaukee, Washington, Memphis) before taking on the Celtics in a back-to-back this Sunday/Monday.

It is it time for rebuild #15 since the teams inception, yet?

God this is awful and depressing. If this keeps up Bosh is gone just like Carter and McGrady.

I also wouldn't blame him. Who wants to waste thier career loosing on a team that can never pull it togetehr and a front office that doesn't get it.

Also who thinks Jermaine O'neil is Hakeen Olajawan pt.2?

It's looking that way...Scarry!

[color:purple]BRING BACK JYD!!!! HAAHAHA!!!

I think a lot of people underestimate the difference between playing in Canada and the States. The atmosphere is way different. Some of these guys need their ego's stroked constantly and frnkly I think Canadians get bored of it. Look at hockey players, you're no superstar if you don't produce up here.

I wanted to trade Carter before we lost McGrady, but alas I also wanted to be done my undergrad by the time I was 30.

I think you are totally right. I think the reality is a lot of b-ball stars don't want to play up here. We're to laid back and not as alpha-male about our sports and don't worship them like gods. Frankly I've seen many Raptors in my daily life downtown and never once felt the urge to talk with them or get an autograph. To me they are just like me except way taller and make more money. But who cares.

And therein perhaps is the problem as you state, we want a winning team and not a collection of celebs that are worried about individual stats and shoe deals.

I also think many of them have most, if not all, of their family in the US so that can be a tough thing to manage.

[color:red]I'm so tired of this half-assed excuse for a basketball team.

Edited by Guest