Jambands.ca

Big Gilson from BRAZIL - this week in Brantford, Port Dover, and Kitchener

sam stone

10-17-08 08:24 AM - Post#559424

Big Gilson, an internationally acclaimed blues player from Rio de Janeiro is coming back to Ontario for a two week run.

www.biggilson.com

www.rockingtheblues.com/BigGilson.htm

He will be joined on stage by

Tony Duclose, Harmonica and vocals

Ryan Morrison, Keys

Ricky Nue, Drums

Marco Wright, Bass

October 29th Pepper Jack Cafe, Hamilton

October 30th Two Doors Down, Brantford

October 31st Bristol Road, London

November 1st Kent Street, Simcoe

November 6th Two Doors Down, Brantford

November 7th Angelo's, Port Dover

November 8th Liquid Lounge, Brantford (afternooon)

November 8th Boathouse, KW (evening)

November 9th Wortley Road, London

“...When I see such a young man so far from America, playing the blues so well, I feel happy and proud that my mission in this life is doneâ€

B.B. King on Big Gilson

Edited by Guest

I walked in to the Boathouse 5 minutes before Fista's guitar playing adventure. She was dancing up front, and Big Gilson came out onto the dance floor and got her to start strumming on his guitar in time with the band. That was lots of fun, but only the beginning. He then strapped his guitar onto Fista, and standing right behind her, he had her jamming and playing lead guitar with the band. He then proceeded to walk her to the back of the Boathouse, out the back door and around the building, and all this time Fista (with Big Gilson's help) was wailing on the guitar and jamming with the band. There were huge smiles everywhere as Fista and Big Gilson finally walked in through the front door, guitar-a-blazing and totally in synch with the band. What a blast! Hopefully some pictures will surface soon!

Bravo to Fista for going with the flow and shredding on guitar in a big way! Fista rocks!!

Peace, Mark

thanks to all you KW kids who came out to see the Big G. He definately was thrilled with the enthusiasm of the crowd. We will be doing the whole thing again next year. Hopefully we layed some groundwork this year for next year to be a even bigger success. Thanks to everybody who came out to all the shows, it was a very cool couple of weeks,

Ryan