Jambands.ca

Kruger Brothers @ The Gladstone. Nov 29th

Big Wooly Mammoth

Just Received this email from Craig:

Virtuoso players of bluegrass, roots, country, gospel and jazz with hints of the Grateful Dead and Bach.....from Switzerland via North Carolina

Sat. Nov. 29, 2008, The Gladstone Theatre, 910 Gladstone Ave, Ottawa ON.

Doors 7:00 pm; Show 7:30 pm

$ 20

Tickets: call 613 266 4653 to reserve or buy online at ticketweb.ca

Uwe Kruger on guitar and Jens Kruger on banjo team up with bassist Joel Landsberg for performances that keep audiences alternately roaring with applause or staring in dumbfounded amazement, while the Krugers display their jaw-dropping talent, spontaneity, humour and sheer joy in playing music.

• 4 weeks later...

Yeah, sorry I missed you guys. You walked right by us on your way to your seats but you were too fast for me. Set break was all about the "fresh air."

The Kruger Brothers are such amazingly talented musicians; it was great to get such an up-close view ... until my friend pointed out that one of Uwe's testicles was hanging out on full display for the whole show. That was a little awkward.

The Kruger Brothers are such amazingly talented musicians; it was great to get such an up-close view ... until my friend pointed out that one of Uwe's testicles was hanging out on full display for the whole show. That was a little awkward.

could have been exciting for some people!

Was he wearing shorts? Cause I don't recall him wearing shorts. which would make that even more interesting.

So Davey Boy - that's what all that commotion behind me was about!

Well, the music was great as always. Would have liked them to play all of Ripple, rather than just that tease. It was a low Skank turnout though. Where was everybody? Either way, it was within about 20 seats of a sellout.