Jambands.ca

Metallica tour!

Freak By Night

Did anyone score tickets to the Montreal show? I woke up at 11:53am; tickets were going on sale at 12pm. I thought I had enough time to get from the bed to the computer to get it all ready. Wrong. I had trouble connecting to the hotel's wireless connection, had to talk to help desk because Ollie just wasn't waking up to help me out. By the time I was connected, I wasn't able to get any tickets...show is sold out; they added a second show on the Sunday. Only 400 level available. Boo hoo. But I'm going to the Ottawa show so that's cool.

• 5 months later...

http://www.tampabay.com/features/humaninterest/at-85-a-largo-woman-still-rocks-mdash-to-metallica/1040543

a4s_encounters100109_87546d.jpg

Margaret Priebe is 85 years old...and a huge Metallica fan!!! She's going to the show on Oct. 3 with her son, Jim Priebe. While Margaret was fighting cancer - and getting chemo - she'd stay up late and listen to Metallica on her MP3 player, especially the band's live recording with the San Francisco Symphony Orchestra. She says the heavy metal band got her through the tough times. "I always liked rock music," Priebe said. "I love drums, and I like the way they play."