Jambands.ca

Declaration

Birdy

I hereby officially withdraw my support of the Conservative Party and turn to the Greens. This is effective immediately, and well into the foreseeable future.

I feel for the failing manufacturing sector as much as the next guy, but to support a government that neglects (and sometimes seems to refuse) to see the big picture is not what I want to do. I have no interest in Government Motors.

My new plight is sustainable agriculture.

greenwash' date=' as it stands imo, the party I mean

[/quote']

As in the party's greenwash and not green? Like Tim Horton's is coffee drink and not coffee?

exactly... But, and I've said this before in relation to other parties, and I vote Green, a start is better than nothing.

I'm glad you've come back to the light side of the force ;)

hahah :)

it's kinda like my favourite John Diefenbaker quote:

"I may not always be right, but I'm always on the side of right".

if there ever were a simple solution, i'd look out my window today and see nothing but rainbows and unicorns. :)

I hereby officially withdraw my support of the Conservative Party and turn to the Greens. This is effective immediately, and well into the foreseeable future.

I feel for the failing manufacturing sector as much as the next guy, but to support a government that neglects (and sometimes seems to refuse) to see the big picture is not what I want to do. I have no interest in Government Motors.

My new plight is sustainable agriculture.

yay birdy!

it may please you to know that i first met my federal green candidate at my weekly CSA pickup at the organic farm down the road from me. the next time I ran in to him, he was doing a presentation on water issues at our community hall, with a focus on the benefit that sustainable agriculture can have on water quality. i'm sold on the greens generally, and particularly impressed with my local green candidate's grasp of agricultural issues.

i heard that Elizabeth May once spent a week on vacation in Florida. do you think harper will attack her for being anti-canadian too?

the greens need good PR. they have the substance and a positive public image. they just need to have better control over how they present things and begin to shore up widespread confidence. they need a big green machine.

They need to proove they can organize and make dough, that's all that counts right now. Otherwise the other parties would make genuine efforts towards more sustainable, and hopefully more collaborative relationships with ecological forces.

Edited by Guest

I think they need to replace Elizabeth May. She's so cute and bubbly and feisty... but almost too much of the above to be taken seriously. It's a problem that when i close my eyes she looks more like a caricature than a real person. I feel almost bad for thinking this as I think she advanced the party a great deal in the past election campaign because of these characteristics, but she lacks the finesse to take it from the idea level into the political arena.

Not in my head. It's because she comes across as too spirited, too animated, too ... i don't know. Too not serious enough.

But now that you say it... and GAD, i wish it weren't so, but to couple two major hurdles - 'chick' politicians and the environment as the prime policy motivator into one pill for the public to swallow makes a pretty big pill.

eek.

I think they need to replace Elizabeth May. She's so cute and bubbly and feisty... but almost too much of the above to be taken seriously. It's a problem that when i close my eyes she looks more like a caricature than a real person. I feel almost bad for thinking this as I think she advanced the party a great deal in the past election campaign because of these characteristics, but she lacks the finesse to take it from the idea level into the political arena.

They all look like caricatures.

The problem isn't Elizabeth May. People just don't give the Greens enough credit for being a viable party.

Right,

So, uh, Birdy... You've couldn't have chosen a better time to say they aren't your cup'o'tea what with Raitt, and attack adds and Raitt and the insistent stupidity regarding Khadr and... like I said, I'm glad your back to working for the future and not against it. :)

We'll only ever be heard if we speak up.

:)

Don't get me started on the seeming need for Canadian politicians to jump all over another's choice of words rather than their actions. I get political correctness and just general politeness and think Raitt an idiot for making her 'sexy' comment and all, but another part of me is so sick of reading full news briefs on he said/she said stuff. Don't we have anything better to report on? It irritates me because i think too much time is devoted to hacking it all up, and demanding explanations of it... time that's probably way better spent actually dealing with real issues, not slips of jargon.

But whatever. I can't change what goes down in parliamentary sessions.

But i do feel much more hopeful with my recent declaration, and do very much feel like i have a better chance for the future. For what it's worth though, I've always been on team future. I just thought we could work with existing circumstances and now i think we need to abandon those circumstances and create new ones.

I'm so with you on Khadr.