Jambands.ca

Plaxico - wow

TheSloth

Click here for some dumb assness

He said his .40-caliber Glock fired after he missed a step walking up stairs. The gun began to slide down his pant leg, and Burress said he accidentally pulled the trigger through his pants when he tried to stop the gun from hitting the ground.

"My finger hit, like, right on the trigger," he said. "What are the odds on that happening?"

Awesome.

How is this a raw deal? His lawyer bargained for it and they never went to trial. And why the hell didnt he just hire some bodyguards or at least have a patsy carry the gun?

Fucking stupid. Confirmed.

exaclty why i think something doesnt add up about the story booche..

i mean the guy shot himself.. big f'n deal in the grand scheme of things. if it was truly just a dumb accident they would go to trial and get a slap on the wrist, not take 2 years.

How is this a raw deal? His lawyer bargained for it and they never went to trial. And why the hell didnt he just hire some bodyguards or at least have a patsy carry the gun?

Fucking stupid. Confirmed.

exaclty why i think something doesnt add up about the story booche..

i mean the guy shot himself.. big f'n deal in the grand scheme of things. if it was truly just a dumb accident they would go to trial and get a slap on the wrist' date=' not take 2 years.

[/quote']

His gun wasn't registered. Anyone in NYC that gets caught with a unregistered gun that goes off, whether accidently or otherwise, gets time. A NYC beat reporter, WFAN's Mike Mancuso, was on the FAN 590 today and repeated this fact. It's not as if PB couldn't afford a good lawyer. The plea was a good one.

What was Plaxico's sentence? Two years? Can't remember.

Vick got two years for organizing an illegal gambling ring (federal tax violations are just the beginning with that charge), slaughtered dogs, denied it and didn't go down until all his boys rolled on him. He would have fought it all the way if his posse had kept their mouth shut.

Plaxico had a fire arm violation without actually pulling it out or threatening anyone and admitted guilt immediately (though really, what else could he do). He definitely showed a major lack of intelligence and created a situation that potentially could have been far far worse for an innocent bystander but in actuality it wasn't.

Tough call on whether the sentence was too much. He's being sentenced on the potential severity of the offense. Drunk drivers don't get sentenced on the potential lives they could have destroyed (at least not for first offences). If he just got caught with the illegal fire arm concealed in his car he'd still be playing football. I’m probably not qualified to figure this one out.

What he did was just so stupid.

His gun wasn't registered. Anyone in NYC that gets caught with a unregistered gun that goes off, whether accidently or otherwise, gets time. A NYC beat reporter, WFAN's Mike Mancuso, was on the FAN 590 today and repeated this fact. It's not as if PB couldn't afford a good lawyer. The plea was a good one.

Well, there's the qualified answer.

I believe each case fell under different jurisdictions. I'm not sure if Vick was a state or federal case. I believe Plaxico's case was state and NY takes a pretty hard line when it comes to weapons offenses. If Plaxico can accidently shoot himself, then he could easily accidently shoot someone else.

No matter. Mancuso said the Jets will try to sign him when he gets out.

The Raiders first round draft pick, a WR who was slotted to go in the 2nd round but went 7th overall and first amongst receivers, scored a 14 on the Wonderlic. They're typically fuckingdumb these days. I mean, look no further than Chad Johnson!!!!!

Chad Ocho Cinco screws up his own name change

Oh-oh, Ocho. The Bengals’ top receiver has yet another name.

The NFL had agreed to let the player formerly known as Chad Johnson wear his new name on the back of his jersey this season. There’s one catch for the receiver: It’s not exactly how he wanted it.

Instead of Ocho Cinco, he’ll be “Ochocinco†because that’s how he wrote it when he submitted his name-change form last August in Florida.

“It’s his legal name,†AFC information manager Corry Rush said Thursday.

The receiver said last year that he wanted his name to be “Ocho Cinco.†Neither he nor his agent returned phone messages Thursday to discuss the name being one word instead of two. Shirts and other gear are selling on his Web site under the “Ocho Cinco†name.