Jambands.ca

Keller Last Night

Freeker

Was one of the best shows I have seen all years. that man is music embodied, he is music. both sets were amazing full of killer keller gems, those who don't know his tunes might be interested in the some of the covers played last night including:

Lawn Boy

Stash

Night Fever

DARKSTAR!!!!(have a good time at Mule Andre? HA!)

and for the encore:

Run Like An Antelope>Runaway Jim>Run Like AN Antelope...SWEET JESUS! I ALMOST SHAT ALL OVER MYSELF!

He is also played a new tune I believe is named "Fuck You Cocksucking Motherfuckers" and it is an tribute to the gatecrashing assholes who ruined the Dead's Deer Creek shows, it was brilliant!

honestly if you've never seen Keller Williams, you are truly missing out, he is a mad scientist, constantly constructing and building, his stage presences is unmatched, he is having the best time out of everybody in the place and thats saying something. I will be smiling for weeks!

Thanks go out to the best host ever, Vermont Dave!! America would be in a lot better shape if there were more people like you brother, thanks for the ongoing Vermont lessons and all the great discussions, i feel we were close to an actual solution to all the worlds problems...ah well, next time.

It was one of those show where, every once in a while, you have to stop and remind yourself to do things...like breathe.

For those who haven't heard Keller, one of the many musical things he does is make mouth music that sounds like a trumpet or flugelhorn. At one point, he introduced the sound man, Lou, who started playing trumpet from the sound booth. Next thing you know, Keller, on mouth flugelhorn on stage, and Lou, on trumpet in the sound booth, were having a duel. Every time it was Lou's trun to play, Keller would shine big light on the sound booth so we could see Lou, then turn it off, and start mouth flugelhorning again, when it was Keller's turn to play.

As much fun as we were having, Keller was having more. He was dancing around the stage, moving between instruments, and setting up enough digital loopage to make a whole band's worth of soundscape.

We have got to get Keller to Canada!

Massive thanks to vermontdave for the hospitality. The music was one thing (and what a thing!), but getting to hang in Vermont, walking around Burlington, and touring the Magic Hat Artifactory, made a great thing incredibly better.

Aloha,

Brad

quote:

Originally posted by FreekerByTheSpeaker:

Brad what the hell was the name of that russian instrument again?

He played a theremin. If any readers don't know what one is, if you've seen "The Song Remains The Same", Jimmy Page plays one during the weird part of "Whole Lotta Love".

Aloha,

Brad

Set I:

Disc 1:

Track 01 - Till the Morning Comes

Track 02 - In the Middle >

Track 03 - Celebrate Your Youth

Track 04 - Freaker By the Speaker

Track 05 - Funny Money

Track 06 - Blatent Ripoff >

Track 07 - In the Jungle/Low Rider Loup

Track 08 - Kiwi and the Apricot

Track 09 - One Hit Wonder >

Track 10 - Night Fever

Track 11 - Above the Thunder (Flying?)

Track 12 - Lawn Boy >

Track 13 - Mullet Cut

Set II:

Disc 2:

Track 01 - Intro >

Track 02 - Turn In Difference

Track 03 - Keep It Simple >

Track 04 - Suite: Judy Blue Eyes >

Track 05 - Zilla >

Track 06 - Dogs >

Track 07 - Fluffhead/Stash Loop

Track 08 - Novelty Song >

Track 09 - Dark Star Loup >

Track 10 - Percussion Loup >

Track 11 - Freakshow

Track 12 - Deer Creek '89-'95

Track 13 - Best Feeling

Encore:

Track 14 - Run Like An Antelope > Runaway Jim > Run Like An Antelope

BT Link

Keller 10\18\03 SBD

The last time we had Keller in Toronto it was a double bill with Charlie Hunter. Keller went on first and there was about 23 people that paid for the $15 ticket. Needless to say some promoters in Canada aren't too interested in bringing him back up. I'm sure Keller doesn't have much interest either if he'll be playing to 23 people in a 850 capacity room.

It would be nice to see him up here again though

yep, thats what i was going to say....

i remember chatting with keller about it, both just after his set, and a few weeks later in Rochester....

I dont expect him to come back any time soon....

especially with the size of the crowds he gets in the states....

how exactly are we going to get 300-400+ people out to see JUST keller, at like 15-20 bucks a head?

Archived