Jambands.ca

No comments on the Liambas hit?

rubberdinghy

I dont agree with the suspension, he would have got nothing if the kid wasn't injured so bad. The kid turned this head at the last second and didn't see the hit coming. I do think all leagues should regulate the armour everyone in wearing but word is the players association won't agree to it, pretty dumb if you ask me.

Charging for sure. Unfortunate outcome. That helmet came off way to easy.

I heard some commentary on the comparison of hemlet technology in the NFL vs the NHL. Night and day. They come off way to easy and some NHLers are wearing antiquated brain buckets.

I see kids in my son's league with garbage helmets on too. They need to be fitted/adjusted properly. The secondary concussions that happen from loosly fitted helmets are equally as bad.

From what I've read about him he wasn't a goon at all.... Good hit if just a bit softer, bad result. Definitely boarding and likely charging.

Hmmm... check the stats, seems like some goonish PIM during his short career..

http://www.hockeydb.com/ihdb/stats/pdisplay.php?pid=96563

But the penalty seems severe, and horrible that he is being suspended due to the injury, and not the play... I think the Mike Richards hit on David Booth was dirtier...

I also read that the OHL is making an example out of this, in order to protect these kids. If you wanna find a way to blindside a guy and take him out instead of letting up, you may the price. I think this is the only way they could send the players a message without changing the rules (and no one has a clue how to change the rules to take this sort of hit out of the game)

Guest Low Roller

If the NHL doesn't make an example out of someone for a head shot, which they clearly have no intention to do, then the OHL had no choice but to do it themselves before these kids started killing each other to get to the NHL.