Jambands.ca

Bonfire Ball (Zeus, Collett, Bahamas)

zero

Not really sure where to start with this. Presumed that it would follow a more zeus, bahamas, collett flow but it was dribs and drabs from everyone all night then short sets from each artist smattered in. Alot like the collaboration at the Monsters of Folk show at Massey if anyone saw that.

There was a really nice gilded edge to the evening's sound like a peyote button that's been washing around in the bottom of the evening's whiskey. Bahamas was way less Al Tuck and way more balls to the wall that's for sure, he joked at one point that when 'zeus backs jason people think they sound like the Band, when they back me I like to think they sound like Crazy Horse'. Just a really melifluous night of music undercut somewhat by the nattering nay bob festival goers and their summer camp for grownups shit chat.

Nice bunch of CanRock Titans in the audience too from my main man Dave Azzolini and wife Jessica Grassi (Golden Dogs), Julie Penner (Turkey Bags!!!), Brendan Canning, Jeremy 'JerBro' Little (Burt Neilson Band) the fifth member of Zeus was working the boards and playing some washes of synth from the board.

Unfortunately didn't grab the setlist or see the end of the set as running into alot of my old heroes/friends who I hadn't seen since the dark times really tapped me out and I had to slip off into the night.

I'm hoping I can piece together the setlist though such a superlative show.

04/14/10 – Ottawa, ON @ Zaphod’s

04/15/10 – Montreal, PQ @ Petit Campus

04/16/10 – Peterborough, ON @ Red Dog Tavern

04/17/10 – Kingston, ON @ Grad Club

I've got to catch one of these shows. I wish I had some connection to P'brough or Ktown as I'd rather see the very end of the tour.