Jambands.ca

Website advice

Dr. J

This fall I'm going to launch a website to promote a book I've written regarding a company called Canada Cycle & Motor which became known as CCM. While the purpose of the site will be to promote the book, I also want to provide folks with the opportunity to share personal stories and photos connected to vintage CCM bicycles and sports equipment etc. My question is, to do this, should I set up a forum as part of the site or simply provide a link to a separate blog or to a Facebook page? Advantages? Disadvantages? Any thoughts?

Dr. J --

I couldn't tell by your post whether you have already built the bulk of the main site or whether you haven't started.

If you have started, what platform did you use to build it or is it all handcoded HTML? The answer to this question will make a big difference towards the answer.

d_rawk: to date I've done nothing. When I do, I'll have to pay someone to do it since my knowledge of websites and computer programs borders on the non-existent. I was trying to get a sense of what might be the best way to ask them to set it up.