Jambands.ca

Great 'new' release for Deadheads

Booche

its looks like a good release. but dont forget about

Road Trips Vol 3. No. 4 features the very best from Recreation Hall at Penn State on 5/6/80 and Barton Hall at Cornell in upstate New York the following night, 5/7/80. The 3-CD set spotlights two sparkling shows that will surely garner new respect for the sizzling Spring of '80 tour. Click here for more info including a listening party.

RT34.jpg

and......

Road Trips Vol. 3, No. 3 commemorates that magical and transformative spring of 1970 with one of the best-loved aural documents of that era: The Dead’s early and late shows at the Fillmore East on May 15, 1970, presented nearly in their entirety over this, the first-ever 3-CD set in the Road Trips series.

rt33.jpg

Somewhere in this world, Hamilton is sporting a boner and he doesnt know exactly why.

You will learn soon enough my darling Brian. I promise.

Already ordered. Along with the new Road Trips set.

I have these shows already of course, but I think they are just 2-track soundboards. The multi-tracks will, I assume, melt my mind.

And I'm kinda stoked about the Road Trips release, too. 1980? Thank YOU!

Nice.

I love these recordings, and 24 track upgrade will be awesome. I wish I had done fall tour instead of summer that year..lol I think I may hold off until it shows up on Amazon or something, usually a bit cheaper. (ya, I'm that guy).

Now bring on the Europe 72 boxset!

• 4 weeks later...

Guess what showed up in my mailbox this morning?

I'm not going to throw it on until I have a chance to listen to at least one of the two shows in its entirety though, which will probably happen late on Saturday afternoon... although I may wait until it gets dark, just for the ambiance.

Nice package, though. A full pseudo-cigarbox, complete with button, essay, photos, the information flyer that used to be distributed with the tickets and at the gate to the parking lot(with the local hotels, hospitals, venue rules and info, local laws etc.), two used ticket stubs (or replicas, anyway), a postcard of the Coliseum with a handwritten setlist, and a copy of the local newspaper's coverage of the show.

Sweet.

And the new Road Trips release, too.