Jambands.ca

im feeling crazy

mikey d

i think im slowly going crazy. every day just seems to add yet another dimmension of insanity to my life. my memory is shot, as is my perception of time and alot of my social interaction capablities.

now im quite sure that this is due to the amount of weed i smoke, combined with the amount of activities im involved with and my bad diet. i realy dont care to stop smoking weed, but it hink it may be necassary. i know too much of a good thing can be a bad thing, and i think im just finally coming to the huge burnout at the end of a 6-month long binge.

anyone got any good hints on how to slowly or abruptly quit. ie replacements or whatever? i think i could realy use some ideas. thanks.

I too feel insanity slowly creeping toward me. Unfortunately, or fortunately, depending on who you are, I smoke more weed than I would usually. So, really, the only advice I have for you if you feel you need to slow down on your smoking is: Smoke only when you are done everything you need to do for the day. For example, don't smoke before school, work, homework or during any of these things. Smoke only when all you have to do is go to bed. That is what I do if I'm busy with life and weed is slowing me down. Good Luck.

although the smoke better herb was probably said in jest, it may not be entirely false....

i find if i smoke "heady" nugs, i mean stuff that just blasts my mind, i'm actually stupid afterwards...

sometimes that feeling is ok, but it is hardly social, and certainly something you dont smoke during the day...

maybe cut the amount your smoking in half, or try some different stuff...maybe try some outdoor, its usually cleaner, without the brain numbing effects...

I say go with it

get your hair sticking out wild, bug your eyes open and run about yelling "boogedy-boogedy-boogedy-boogedy-boo" or somesuch

if not, doin some walking in the woods is always good for clearing your head... and writing out thoughts if you have a lot on your mind

best way to break a habit is usually to replace it with something you enjoy

Well I'm at the same stage - I've been smoking constantly since I was 14 and I'll be 27 in a few months. The Stupids have clearly arrived in my life.

Super Freak had a good idea and that's what i've been doing for the past few months. I always argued with my friends that quit smoking weed when they would say " you'll feel so much better and so much more alert"..... I hate to admit it, but they are right. I still puff a little everyday, but I don't really smoke it during the day anymore (unless with friends) - just a nighttime event.

One warning about cutting down (maybe others have experienced this) -- just becareful when it comes to a party situation that you don't knock yourself out on weed. I hadn't smoked to much in awhile and at the String Cheese concert I fainted, then on Halloween I got all week too....just a small warning.

Trust me though... you will feel better if you slow down a bit...and do what paisley said - get out in the woods - - Nature is your best bet for feeding positive energy back into your body.

[smile]

Guest Low Roller

"get out in the woods - - Nature is your best bet for feeding positive energy back into your body."

Agreed. I started hiking in the Gatineaus last year on a weekly basis. It was amazing exercise, a great study in photography, and an all around relaxing and invigorating experience.

I also cut way back on how much weed I smoke. I only smoke on week-ends and maybe once during the week. I just got sick of never getting anything accomplished during the week because I would always toke right after getting home from work, and that would lead to very unproductive evenings. And mornings were such a bitch too.

I quit cold turkey July 24th this summer. I am way better for it. Not to knock herb. But i needed a break. I got my first A in university this October. I remember shit. My ahemm, apendige functions better. My body looks a bit healthier. I dont run out of breath. I dont slur words. I can recall the words my brain wants to use without them being lost in a brain fart. Im even thinking about graduate school. DO what you want. Live your life and enjoy herb if u want. If you can do everything you KNOW YOU ARE CAPABLE OF and still puff, go ahead. If you think a break would help, go ahead. It certainly has been the best choice i ever made so far in my life. Do whats best for you, but maybe give the 'break' idea a try for a month. Look at how much more cash you have. Thats one o fthe highlights for me. An extra 60 bucks a week? Ive saved appx. 600-700 $ by quitting. Do the math for your own habit/sake. Its fucking ridiculous. One year off the nug and you could buy a car. Maybe another 5 more and you could insure it in Ontario. lol. [big Grin]

well i went 4 days without out and hit up a joint after a theatrical performance i was in last night. it felt good to go those 4 days, and i realized that i have no need to go cold turkey. i triedd that last year and went 18 days.

basicaly, i came to the conclusion that as I have a shitload of responsibilities (school, work, music, acting, etc.), though nothing too overly intense it all adds up, i was being more or less irresponsible by getting high all day every day. im just going to save it for the right times, and the right places now. thanks for all the help.

Archived