Jambands.ca

Acoustic guitar tune-up in Toronto

DevO

Just wondering if there are any Toronto-based guitar techies on the board that offer repair services. I have an old Fender acoustic that just needs a good tune up.

Looking for this type of thing: general checkup and cleaning, tighten and lubricate hardware, oil board and polish frets, Re String, adjust truss rod as required, saddle height & intonation, clean and adjust nut slots etc.

OR, any recommended shops in Toronto to get this done would be appreciated. Also, how much does this typically cost? Thanks skanks!

12th fret is great but way too long and over priced. You should be able to get it done in the city for $60 tops in most places...I do all the set-ups for the Zeus/Collett guys and many of the Arts & Crafts musicians for quite a few years now and for those "Bro's" and what-have-you I would charge about $25/set-up...

Unfortunately if you want my expertise, it'll have to wait as I'm now based closer to Ottawa and return only once a month or so to tend to the needs of my Toronto clients...or they come by my shop here if they're on the road.

If you find your still having trouble, I can certainly work something out there for you with another competent luthier...I don't personally know the cat at sixstring but I do know his reputation and he does good work from what I understand.

Cheers,

Gawpo Giggles :D:D:D